Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subject1g intake manifold into a 2g......help!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=12080
12080, 1g intake manifold into a 2g......help!
Posted by BlckEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm puchasing a 1g intake manifold which i'm planning to put into my 99 gst. I know that the 1g manifold is bigger and has a better airflow. Also, i also need to buy a 1g throttle body. Is there anything that i should look for and also expect from all of this? Anybody have a tips and useful hints for me? Thanks....
12081, RE: 1g intake manifold into a 2g......help!
Posted by tim97rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you did read the name of this board didnt you? :)
you MAY get an answer but for a 1G part going onto a 2G turbo, asking us 2G "NT" guys something like that is like going to a porsche board and asking about a mustang!!! :nono
12082, RE: 1g intake manifold into a 2g......help!
Posted by PowerEclipses, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by tim97rs
you did read the name of this board didnt you? :) you MAY get an answer but for a 1G part going onto a 2G turbo, asking us 2G "NT" guys something like that is like going to a porsche board and asking about a mustang!!! :nono

hey man sorry to burst your bubble, but this IS a 4g forum, well this section at least. I have a 1g intake manifold also. I know there are some things you have to plug up on the TB but everything else should fit good. Check www.vfaq.com for more info pertaining to this subject.
12083, RE: 1g intake manifold into a 2g......help!
Posted by EcLIpsInEmCEe7, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
its not entirely worth it because the runners on the 1g mani are bigger than the 2gs so you would have to port out the ports on the head to match the 1g runners. it would cost a good amount of money to do.
12084, RE: 1g intake manifold into a 2g......help!
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by EcLIpsInEmCEe7
its not entirely worth it because the runners on the 1g mani are bigger than the 2gs so you would have to port out the ports on the head to match the 1g runners. it would cost a good amount of money to do.

another option would be to find a rebuilt 1G head. They can be found for $150-200 on the trader.

12085, RE: 1g intake manifold into a 2g......help!
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Make sure there are no cracks or problems with the manifold before buying it. You will need a new intake manifold gasket and two throttle body gaskets. You will need to use the 1g sensors with the TB, so make sure they all work as well.

Tony made a very good suggestion. 1g intake manifolds are great, but the problem is the ports on the 2g head are smaller than the 1g head. Either get the head port matched to the manifold, or get a 1g head at the same time. I would think mounting a 1g manifold on a 2g head without doing any dremel work at least would hurt airflow more than help it.
12086, RE: 1g intake manifold into a 2g......help!
Posted by BLACKWIDOWDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Go ahead and save up and get the following. 1g 91+ turbo head assembly...including the cams,CAS,intake manifold, TB and all that good stuff....Thats what I did with my GSX...Just the IM doesnt make much sense....but if you dont have the money...just keep it like it is....and all this stuff really doest help out unless you have alot of upgrades...alot of people see a big tourqe decrease when they do this with stock other stuff....oh yea, and the adustable CAS OWNS!, its a very easy mod that makes loads more tuning available to you.

1999 EBP Civic Si- 2001 ITR engine. USETOHAVEBEENs-- 1997 RS-T

The trouble is not that players have sex the night before a game. It's that they stay out all night looking for it.
12087, RE: 1g intake manifold into a 2g......help!
Posted by chaye, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
why dont you just save up for the six bolt swap..
also when and if you do decide to go for the intake mani regardless of whatever this peeps tell you, get a tbody from a 91-94 cause the 90 wont work with your sensors.
youll need new and longer vacum lines. as well as some way to relocate the MAP sensor, and youll need to plug the extra nipple on the t-body.
go to the dsmtuners website, youll find lots of help there..or if your do decide to do the sixbolt swap there is a yahoo group
DSM1gina2g thats really helpfull..
good luck man

Isaias c.
I generated this page in 0.0078039169311523 seconds, executing 7 queries.