Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectUGH.............
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=10285
10285, UGH.............
Posted by 2hot97GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well.. while doing tuning runs tonight (i got my 2.01 maft upgrade today) not only do i need to replace my knock sensor.. oh well.... but ive had problems with the clutch not disengaging.. ive got a new master, slave, new properly stepped flywheel, SS clutch line.. and no leaks in the hydraulic system anywhere... now is there anything im missing or do i need to pull the (this is gona suck) clutch pedal assembly and rebuild it and weld it solid? is this my last resort? ive even gota taboo rod and shimmed pivot ball in there... i dont wana replace my trany only to destroy another because of non disengaging clutch...
10286, RE: UGH.............
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Have you adjusted the master cylinder? Adjust it so it engages as high as possible (Which won't be very high). You can install a new master, but it still has to be properly adjusted. I think it takes two 13mm wrenches if I recall correctly.

Does it disengage at all, or is the clutch always engaged now? You might have broken the clutch disc.
10287, RE: UGH.............
Originally posted by Jeff_99gs
Have you adjusted the master cylinder? Adjust it so it engages as high as possible (Which won't be very high). You can install a new master, but it still has to be properly adjusted. I think it takes two 13mm wrenches if I recall correctly. Does it disengage at all, or is the clutch always engaged now? You might have broken the clutch disc.

ive adjusted the clutch pedal assembly, if thats what you mean... as far as adjusting the master :shrug im lost? the clutch disengages... but its always grabbing a little.. like if i sit at a light... its USUALLY OK.. but say im gona launch.. it creeps.. im 99.9% sure the disc is ok.. just dropeed the tranny to fix the clutch fork like 3 weeks ago and the disc was mint.
10288, RE: UGH.............
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What do you mean you adjusted the clutch assembly? You mean the pedals? That has nothing to do with it. There should be zero welding involved or whatever you were talking about before.

Master Cylinder adjustment:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/njdsm2/clutch.html
10289, RE: UGH.............
Originally posted by Jeff_99gs
What do you mean you adjusted the clutch assembly? You mean the pedals? That has nothing to do with it. There should be zero welding involved or whatever you were talking about before. Master Cylinder adjustment: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/njdsm2/clutch.html

bah.. useles to type this out.... hit me up on aim.. TravisDSM420a
10290, RE: UGH.............
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 2hot97GS bah.. useles to type this out.... hit me up on aim.. TravisDSM420a

unless of course someone runs into a similar problem, searches and then has to hit you up on AIM... :P
10291, RE: UGH.............
Originally posted by eclipzGST
Originally posted by 2hot97GS bah.. useles to type this out.... hit me up on aim.. TravisDSM420a
unless of course someone runs into a similar problem, searches and then has to hit you up on AIM... :P

in that case.. ill post teh convo.
I generated this page in 0.0081148147583008 seconds, executing 7 queries.