Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectRE: Intercooler opinions.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=6866&mesg_id=6878
6878, RE: Intercooler opinions.
Posted by slowmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by eclipzGST
Originally posted by slowmitsu An FMIC is an FMIC is an FMIC
That is so NOT true. There are ALOT of variables when it comes to purchasing a FMIC. Core thickness and endtank design are two BIG deciding factors when it comes to FMIC shopping. You generally want an IC core that is "thinner" with more surface area on a DD driven car, esp if you ever plan on using your AC. Also, you want good endtanks not only for the weld quality but also for flow. Whats the point of having cooler air if you have a huge pressure drop and/or a shitty design that doesn't flow? Some people can go and just buy any old core and rig up piping and yes, it'll work. But how well? I'll bet some of the FMIC's out there on the market, that even though are bigger, don't offer much of an improvement over the stock SMIC with upgraded piping. I'll also bet that most people have summertime drivability issues that they just write off as "normal"...

Very true but I guess what I'm trying to get at are the cheap ones that are direct knock off's of an FMIC developed and tested by a reputable company. It's not like you're trying to decode the Rosetta Stone when you're reverse engineering an intercooler. However you do make excellent points. Thank you for mentioning that.
I generated this page in 0.007011890411377 seconds, executing 6 queries.