Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectCustom Fabricated Parts
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=48930
48930, Custom Fabricated Parts
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looking to see what people are in the market for in relation to custom made parts for the 420a.

I did some front/rear solid engine mounts that are almost gone for the time being, and a lot of people said they wanted them, and never came through.

Im on the bridge of possibly making an intake manifold that will bolt to the lower OE runner, but not sure if anyone out there is really looking for replacement Intakes any longer.

Thoughts/Idea's of realistic parts that you would like to see and are willing to pay for.

Thanks.
48933, RE: Custom Fabricated Parts
Posted by ez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
For weight fanatics like me, I'd be in the market for items that replace stock brackets but without the weight. Like part 62063, those weigh a bunch, an aluminum square pipe replacement would save a bunch and seems easy to fab. Or even aluminum IC piping that replaces the hrc hardware. Simple stuff that takes off 15 lbs here, 15 lbs there. I dont know if my goals resonate with others on this board though.
I hate solid motor mounts, the vibration gets annoying real quick.
48934, RE: Custom Fabricated Parts
Originally posted by ez
For weight fanatics like me, I'd be in the market for items that replace stock brackets but without the weight. Like part 62063, those weigh a bunch, an aluminum square pipe replacement would save a bunch and seems easy to fab. Or even aluminum IC piping that replaces the hrc hardware. Simple stuff that takes off 15 lbs here, 15 lbs there. I dont know if my goals resonate with others on this board though. I hate solid motor mounts, the vibration gets annoying real quick.

What is the part for pn 62063? My PN is not uploading. I could do HRC ic piping in aluminum but someone would have to send a set to me.....
48937, RE: Custom Fabricated Parts
Posted by ez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Link here http://www.2gnt.com/CAPS/main42/main42sub010.html

Imagine all the accessory brackets in the engine bay out of aluminum, light battery tray that can hold a small deka battery, aluminum IC pipes, what that would add up to weight wise.

What i would buy today - fog light replacement covers. They dont need to be cf. Simple small thing to make from fiberglass. Dsmtooner guys would love them too.
48938, RE: Custom Fabricated Parts
Posted by TheRedBarren, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I might need some fab work done on a AMM intake from a neon if I can get ahold of this guy. Need to flip the flange 180.
48939, RE: Custom Fabricated Parts
Posted by Fallen4ng31, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
I could do HRC ic piping in aluminum but someone would have to send a set to me.....

I have a brand new set I may be willing to offer up for this. What's in t for me? :)

Nevermind, Had a brain fart there. Mine is for 4G powered cars.
48941, RE: Custom Fabricated Parts
Posted by TheRedBarren, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I would possibly be interested in an intake. I would prefer it to have the curved section of the lower runner cut off and welded to the plenum, so it would be straight.

Any pictures of some sample work?
48944, RE: Custom Fabricated Parts
Originally posted by TheRedBarren
I would possibly be interested in an intake. I would prefer it to have the curved section of the lower runner cut off and welded to the plenum, so it would be straight. Any pictures of some sample work?

I could do that. Would you want the lower section ported and polished as well? Or something you would like to do yourself?

With it being straight off with no curve in the runners, do you have any concern about battery/tray clearance?

Maybe a modified pipe to go along with the intake?

Edit: Here would be what I am thinking of using for the plenum

I generated this page in 0.010313034057617 seconds, executing 7 queries.