Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectFeel safe from the government now?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=48744
48744, Feel safe from the government now?
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm troubled by this behavior. Stretching probable cause to force innocent people out of their homes at gunpoint, while searching them and putting them under guard with dogs.....where does the line become drawn? Where do we say our rights are being trampled on? Under what next pretext does the government trample on our rights?

Just want everyone to see this.
48745, RE: Feel safe from the government now?
Posted by 0Boost, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I understand they were wanting to find the guy but all that just seemed uncalled for. they did all that for nothing. it wasn't till after they lifted the lock down that some guy found him hiding in his boat. probably would have found him a lot quicker if they let people go about there business as usual.
48746, RE: Feel safe from the government now?
Posted by Slo2g, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My grandmama don't like nobody on the carpet, espically the police! Like others have stated, I understand they wanted to catch the guy, but there is a different way to approach it. Screaming at the citizen that pays his salary to keep his hands up when he is obviously not a threat and then pushing him is just a blatant disregard for civil rights. They forget so quickly that they are there to serve the people...
48747, RE: Feel safe from the government now?
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Slo2g
I understand they wanted to catch the guy, but there is a different way to approach it. Screaming at the citizen that pays his salary to keep his hands up when he is obviously not a threat and then pushing him is just a blatant disregard for civil rights. They forget so quickly that they are there to serve the people...

PRE-CISELY!!

The police need to remember that they are trampling on people's rights. Yes, its a situation where they have a known "national" killer in the area (though later we find out he wasn't even in their locked down area - as well as it was the local citizenry who found him for police). But to smash on somebody's door like that, and as they answer, scream at them immediately, at gunpoint, to get their hands up and get out of the house. AND then search their body and house......guys this is absolutely reminiscent of Russia or Nazi Germany. The poor bastard who was roused up inside the house and forced at gunpoint to march out of the house. Then as he comes outside thinking he is now safe, is screamed at to keep his hands up and pushed along 9editted out K-9's because I don't know who's it is).

Hell that's not even discussing the guy who was strip searched and taken away naked in cuffs ON CAMERA!! (this guy was later cleared as a mistake. A MISTAKE! This info was off police scanners not taking info off the media). Shit they didn't strip search the ACTUAL CRIMINAL when they took him into custody!!!

Its one hell of a slippery slope.

48748, RE: Feel safe from the government now?
Posted by xcasbonx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Disgusts me every single F'ing time I read/see/hear things like this.
48749, RE: Feel safe from the government now?
Posted by ez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Whoever feels save from the U.S. government hasn't been paying attention to history. And it's getting worse, every day. This all looks like practice to me, in preparation for something much larger. Perhaps I pay too much attention to the finance and the banking system, but I smell collapse in the air.

The current U.S. government has little restraint in its (nearly every day) endeavor to trample the constitution, and the protection afforded to you in the bill of rights. Somehow the executive branch gave itself the authority to declare war, assassinate, torture, occupy, and decide how the entire economy will run.
48761, RE: Feel safe from the government now?
Posted by turbo8u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
pol-ice...some cold bastards from the far opposite pole
48777, RE: Feel safe from the government now?
Posted by VX100, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
And that wasn't far from where I live, so the whole episode upset me even more than it upset you.

Why do we (society, police, government, etc.) scare so easily these days?
I generated this page in 0.013439178466797 seconds, executing 7 queries.