Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectRE: The Ultimate 2G DSM
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=48238&mesg_id=48254
48254, RE: The Ultimate 2G DSM
Posted by iamnotwhoiam, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by teklein
Originally posted by iamnotwhoiam
Originally posted by freelancefool
Originally posted by iamnotwhoiam -2.4 Turbo AWD -Upgraded axles and LSD(s) -Full true coil-over setup -Top/Bottom strut bars/ tie bars -Tubular suspension arms for beefiness, maybe lighter weight and fully adjustable -Prothane bushing all around. -Standalone ECU -Full interior and accessories and upgraded stereo Basically a DD/WRC type setup.
Why? What are you trying to accomplish?
I want something that is quick off the line in a daily driving way and want it to ride on rails... i'm not much to go to any tracks, but i suppose i would prefer to do autocross vs 1/4 mile stuff. I want torque from the 2.4 turbo and the awd and lsd will help put all the power to the ground. Also for turbo I would be looking at 10-15 psi... nothing too crazy as this will need to stay dd. I guess what I would be looking for is taking say something with a v8 such as a mustang which has good low end hp for fun and tying it into our dsm suspension strengths. weaknesses would be that the cars are old, and there will need to be some custom fabrication, but that would also be a strength as well
Meh, I see where you are coming from - but all youd have to do is buy a GSX and swap a 4G64 bottom end in :shrug. Ultimate 2g DSM on 2gnt.com should be all motor IMO :D

true... but I'm thinking from the 420a platform which I think is a bit better than the 4g63 or at the least different.

however.. i can see the All motor position as well.

perhaps then... same idea as above, but remove the turbo and up the CR to say 11:1 on the built 2.4 along with going the awd route.

Maybe to be even crazier: go AWD with a reoriented motor... not sure if our engine bay could do this with accessories, but thats what I would want.

Or... swap in a boxter flat four with AWD... ie transplant the WRX drive-train into our cars body ;-)

ok... so I really just want the new Scion FR-S (AE86 platform)
I generated this page in 0.0077369213104248 seconds, executing 6 queries.