Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectsymtech
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=39148
39148, symtech
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
why is it that when news is released to the public, the company that releases the news never follow through with thier projected dates?

where is the race manifold
where is the PnP MS
where is symtech

Call the provided number and you get a voicemail with a girl that trys to sound as professional as she can. Probably the guy's GF that created the site, but thats just speculation. After the msg, a cell phone voicemail comes on for you to "leave a msg or press 1 for more options" type of sprint VM...

The "corporate" address looks like an apartment with the "#" beside the Rd. address...

frustrating ventilation currently taking place....
39150, RE: symtech
Posted by 96TurboGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
This should be interesting...

Grabs the brew.
39151, RE: symtech
Posted by Nemo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Lol, I got a six-pac on this one.
39152, RE: symtech
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
blah blah blah

So what exactly did they do to you? missing a release date and starting up a small business is no crime... :shrug
39154, RE: symtech
missing a release date by over a year i guess is normal, when compared to CI.

i'm just a consumer looking for answers
39155, RE: symtech
Posted by cs82685, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
missing a release date by over a year i guess is normal, when compared to CI. i'm just a consumer looking for answers

Check out the thread on tuners, the PnP MS has been passed around so many times to be tested for various reasons. It will be out just not yet. As for where is symtech, Paul is on both here and tuners quite a bit. Try PM'ing him. Maybe he'll respond to this thread.
39156, RE: symtech
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I talk to Paul all the time on AIM...he is around.
39157, RE: symtech
maybe an official position statement from him to us consumers on this business would be in order.
The statement would benefit not only 2gnt, but tuners and other sites will migrate to this answer.
I'm not bitching, just looking for answers. Someone tell him about this thread.
39159, RE: symtech
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Someone tell him about this thread.

Ok, HEY PAUL!!!!!

39160, RE: symtech
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It is still beyond why no one will test the one that exists.

People keep buying it and are nowhere near ready to use it for one reason or another. If you buy, plug the damn thing in.

Just my .02.
39164, RE: symtech
i'll buy it, tweak it, replicate it, profit from it if nobody else will
39167, RE: symtech
Posted by micyek, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Mmmmm....missed the release date of a MegaSquirt by over a year huh? It seems like a determined person, even if they had questionable intelligence, could somehow manage to learn how to build, install, and tune their own in one years time.

Wah! I'm sad about stuff! Wah!
39171, RE: symtech
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
maybe an official position statement from him to us consumers on this business would be in order. The statement would benefit not only 2gnt, but tuners and other sites will migrate to this answer. I'm not bitching, just looking for answers. Someone tell him about this thread.

How about you STFU and get over it? No one owes you anything, not even an explanation. If you want a megasquirt, buy one and install it.
39174, RE: symtech
i'm sorry you're right. lock this thread
39189, RE: symtech
Posted by Nemo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thus ends my six pack. :-)
39339, RE: symtech
Posted by 1slw97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
wow,http://www.symtechlabs.com/news/Race_Manifold2.pdf
39340, RE: symtech
Posted by cms, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
:beer

-Christopher
39346, RE: symtech
saw that. eight weeks. i don't think so. They can't fulfill their projected dates. don't wait on it.
39350, RE: symtech
saw that. eight weeks. i don't think so. They can't fulfill their projected dates. don't wait on it.

I'm just curious... How big IS that stick up your ass?
39352, RE: symtech
huge. come pull it out fucker
39353, RE: symtech

REally not into GOATSE at all, but thanks.
39354, RE: symtech

LMAO, You tell him Mikey!
40547, RE: symtech

http://www.symtechlabs.com/catalog/420a-race-manifold-p-62.html

impressed. very. questionable wastegate clearance though, maybe (hopefully), paul will chime in and address concerns... excellent job btw :)
40550, RE: symtech
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looks like an SR20 cast manifold with a 420a flange. Interesting.

I'd think that there would be plenty of clearance with low profile fans.
40556, RE: symtech
Posted by bzoss, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What would be REALLY nice, other than that stick falling out of dip-shits ass, would be if these guys in all their fabulous fabrication would add in a few little raised sections which a simple sheet metal heat shield could attach to. Wouldn't that be nice not having to buy $100 worth of heat wrap to try and cover the manifold?... Just my 0.02.
Don't get me wrong, I wish I had the enginuity and tools to do this stuff myself, and applaud anyone who does. I would just like the simple things not be left out. Fair?
40557, RE: symtech
Posted by J, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Fitment is a bit tight as the manifold is of pretty good size, but it does fit just fine... Paul brought over his mockup a while back since I had my manifold and such already off, and can attest that it fits well.

- J

40560, RE: symtech
Posted by DSM-ZERO, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
how much $$ is that mani
40565, RE: symtech
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DSM-ZERO
how much $$ is that mani

Click here (http://www.symtechlabs.com/catalog/420a-race-manifold-p-62.html) and find out :P

40588, RE: symtech
Posted by dalesmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by bullettdsm
Originally posted by DSM-ZERO how much $$ is that mani
Click here (http://www.symtechlabs.com/catalog/420a-race-manifold-p-62.html) and find out :P

site says it became available Wednesday,June 24
40603, RE: symtech
Posted by freelancefool, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by dalesmitsu

I know someone who bought one. He says it is nice.
40604, RE: symtech
Originally posted by freelancefool

if he's local to you, see if you can handle this thing in person and see it installed in person. see if you can get him to put pics of it on here to share other than the one pic that is on symtech's site.
40605, RE: symtech
if he's local to you, see if you can handle this thing in person and see it installed in person. see if you can get him to put pics of it on here to share other than the one pic that is on symtech's site.

+2

Also, can you post up a video with it installed I'm curious about it also
40613, RE: symtech
Not local and I can't get pics.
40614, RE: symtech
Posted by DirtMegirt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

Paul,

When you test fit this mani, was it with studs? That second hole to the left looks kinda tight. With the way the other mani to head holes are notched, it looks close. Does that runner slope away from the mounting hole?
40615, RE: symtech
courtesy of symtech's site. more pictures.

i SOOO wannna see pics of this installed on a 2g, and wanna know if dirt is correct on bolt fitment. He has a point. The star manifold is a tight fit w/ stock bolts, just to throw that out there.
40616, RE: symtech
Posted by J, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DirtMegirt
Paul, When you test fit this mani, was it with studs? That second hole to the left looks kinda tight. With the way the other mani to head holes are notched, it looks close. Does that runner slope away from the mounting hole?

I'm surprised he's not responded yet, he's pretty active on the boards... when he test fit the mockup on my car (i.e. not the finished product), I still had my studs in and it went right on no problem. I'm no expert in fabrications or castings, but the mockup was some type of shaved styrofoam that the final mold was to be created from, so I would expect it to be representative albeit not the finished product (my lil disclaimer).

- J

40617, RE: symtech
Originally posted by J
Originally posted by DirtMegirt Paul, When you test fit this mani, was it with studs? That second hole to the left looks kinda tight. With the way the other mani to head holes are notched, it looks close. Does that runner slope away from the mounting hole?
I'm surprised he's not responded yet, he's pretty active on the boards... when he test fit the mockup on my car (i.e. not the finished product), I still had my studs in and it went right on no problem. I'm no expert in fabrications or castings, but the mockup was some type of shaved styrofoam that the final mold was to be created from, so I would expect it to be representative albeit not the finished product (my lil disclaimer). - J

Good call :thumbsup two holes on the right look bigger than the left.

Would I be able to enlarge some with bit or would this hurt it.

This is clean, why are the ones from Hahn look rusted,beat up and not shiny new like this.
40618, RE: symtech
what ever happened to the plug and play ECU???
40620, RE: symtech
what ever happened to the plug and play ECU???

for some reason, people dont like to talk about it. that is the number one product i've been waiting for. I'm not the only one. no news on it for at least the past YEAR
40622, RE: symtech
Originally posted by DSM-ZERO what ever happened to the plug and play ECU???
for some reason, people dont like to talk about it. that is the number one product i've been waiting for. I'm not the only one. no news on it for at least the past YEAR

Maybe you should read your own thread.

Originally posted by cs82685
Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC missing a release date by over a year i guess is normal, when compared to CI. i'm just a consumer looking for answers
Check out the thread on tuners, the PnP MS has been passed around so many times to be tested for various reasons. It will be out just not yet. As for where is symtech, Paul is on both here and tuners quite a bit. Try PM'ing him. Maybe he'll respond to this thread.

Originally posted by teklein
It is still beyond why no one will test the one that exists. People keep buying it and are nowhere near ready to use it for one reason or another. If you buy, plug the damn thing in. Just my .02.

It says right there that people have purchased it and never tried it because they haven't been ready for it.

EDIT:I'm done in this thread. If you want MS that bad go buy one and make it yourself. No one is stopping you, so please quit crying.
40623, RE: symtech
Ill give you hint about the PnP.

Its owned by a member here...
40624, RE: symtech
Ill give you hint about the PnP. Its owned by a member here...

ya i know who. but why doesn't symtech release a public version. they can do the manifold, but not the PnP??
40626, RE: symtech
So where can you buy a PnP ecu from then??
40628, RE: symtech
PM "rstare". his name's ryan. wait, was that supposed to be kept a secret?
40629, RE: symtech
Posted by 95eclipse420A, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
PM "rstare". his name's ryan. wait, was that supposed to be kept a secret?

Smooth mike, very smooth. I do concur that a PnP MSNS would be THE TITS!
40630, RE: symtech
I VOTE there should be a group buy in on that "RACE MANIFOLD"
40633, RE: symtech
Posted by BlackBomexTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I VOTE there should be a group buy in on that "RACE MANIFOLD"

What the hell? You already have one hellacious monstrosity of a manifold... Unless you have plans for a part deuce?...

2.4 Swapped again...
40634, RE: symtech
Originally posted by BlackBomexTalon
Originally posted by DSM-ZERO I VOTE there should be a group buy in on that "RACE MANIFOLD"
What the hell? You already have one hellacious monstrosity of a manifold... Unless you have plans for a part deuce?... 2.4 Swapped again...

I have a daily driver im working on right now
40649, RE: symtech
Originally posted by BlackBomexTalon
Originally posted by DSM-ZERO I VOTE there should be a group buy in on that "RACE MANIFOLD"
What the hell? You already have one hellacious monstrosity of a manifold... Unless you have plans for a part deuce?... 2.4 Swapped again...
I have a daily driver im working on right now

What makes that manifold a 'race manifold' ?
40665, RE: symtech
Posted by SymTech Labs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
What makes that manifold a 'race manifold' ?

We call it the 420A Race Manifold because of its design. Our manifold was specifically designed for very high performance applications. It's the only one of its kind that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, but still offers uncompromised performance and durability. For instance, the runners feature a cross-sectional area more than 8.5 square centimeters larger than the stock manifold and it's made of highly durable stainless steel.

40635, RE: symtech
I think I just died and came back to life...
Someone has developed and PnP MS system, and didn't tell the world about it?!!

Man, what I wouldn't give to get my hands on that!

Someone please point me to this symtech genious so I can thank him personally. For that matter, why are we all not bowing down in masses in front of this guy.
I say give them some breathing room to get this thing tested and eventually available to the public.
Good work symtech!
40642, RE: symtech
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
All a PNP design consists of is a factory ECU case with connector and a MS ecu wired in to the right pins. Voltage regulator wired the the ECU pins and thats it.

If you really want one then find a burned out ECU. Its no mystery or feat to make it look like factory.
40643, RE: symtech
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
All a PNP design consists of is a factory ECU case with connector and a MS ecu wired in to the right pins. Voltage regulator wired the the ECU pins and thats it. If you really want one then find a burned out ECU. Its no mystery or feat to make it look like factory.

I forget the company, but check out Neons.org. They have been doing this for YEARS.

IIRC, the product is called NeonSquirt.

They could do a 420ASquirt fairly easily.
40645, RE: symtech
i just don't get it, if it's so easy, why hasn't anyone capitalized on this business opportunity? There seems to be enough demand for it to make good revenue/profit.
40648, RE: symtech
i just don't get it, if it's so easy, why hasn't anyone capitalized on this business opportunity? There seems to be enough demand for it to make good revenue/profit.

Well, it's not quite as easy as you may think. MegaSquirt was originally designed to retrofit older carbureted cars with electronic fuel injection. As such, there aren't many provisions for controlling some of the more modern features found in 420A DSM's and Neons. There's a lot of work currently going into this project, most of which is dedicated to bridging the gap between what Megasquirt and the stock PCM can control.

40647, RE: symtech
I forget the company, but check out Neons.org. They have been doing this for YEARS. IIRC, the product is called NeonSquirt. They could do a 420ASquirt fairly easily.

NeonSquirt went out of business about six months ago. They never made a plug-and-play Megasquirt system either. There was another individual attempting to develop such a product on Neons.org, but after taking money for about ten orders, he ended up not finishing the project.
40650, RE: symtech
Originally posted by SymTech Labs
Originally posted by teklein I forget the company, but check out Neons.org. They have been doing this for YEARS. IIRC, the product is called NeonSquirt. They could do a 420ASquirt fairly easily.
NeonSquirt went out of business about six months ago. They never made a plug-and-play Megasquirt system either. There was another individual attempting to develop such a product on Neons.org, but after taking money for about ten orders, he ended up not finishing the project.

Neon guys have been using the stock ECU case for a while.

40651, RE: symtech
Originally posted by SymTech Labs
Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC i just don't get it, if it's so easy, why hasn't anyone capitalized on this business opportunity? There seems to be enough demand for it to make good revenue/profit.
Well, it's not quite as easy as you may think. MegaSquirt was originally designed to retrofit older carbureted cars with electronic fuel injection. As such, there aren't many provisions for controlling some of the more modern features found in 420A DSM's and Neons. There's a lot of work currently going into this project, most of which is dedicated to bridging the gap between what Megasquirt and the stock PCM can control.

very glad to see you join the thread. I'm also glad to see you say that there is work and funding going into the project. I know that when it is released, the PnP will be very much in demand. The bridge you're talking about, well, yes, that takes time, but how much time
40666, RE: symtech
Neon guys have been using the stock ECU case for a while.

We are very active in the Neon community and from our experience, using the stock PCM enclosure is virtually unheard of. A couple of individuals have crafted plug-and-play harnesses for their personal use, but it's not a common practice. Most Neon Megasquirt users install their Megasquirt ECU's the traditional way.
40652, RE: symtech
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
All a PNP design consists of is a factory ECU case with connector and a MS ecu wired in to the right pins. Voltage regulator wired the the ECU pins and thats it. If you really want one then find a burned out ECU. Its no mystery or feat to make it look like factory.

Is it safe to have the MS unit under the hood? When you replace the stock ecu with your phantom MS unit, then where do you mount and connect the actual ECU for doing it's normal job?
40653, RE: symtech
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
At that point you are not running a piggy back MS, it is for the purpose of full stand alone.
40787, RE: symtech
Posted by DirtMegirt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
This is just an FYI. The mounting hole under runner# 3 is extremely tight. I was unable to get a stock exhaust mani bolt to go through(do any of you guys use them on your turbo mani's?). The recess just isn't large enough. I had planned on using some ARP 45mm exhaust mani studs, but he ain't fitting either. It looks like it gonna have to be quite a bit shorter than that, and the nut is probably gonna have to be threaded before fully seating the manifold. Just a heads up.

40654, RE: symtech
Not local and I can't get pics.

This is what he sent me ...

40656, RE: symtech
Originally posted by DarkOne
Originally posted by freelancefool Not local and I can't get pics.
This is what he sent me ...

Nice manifold I suppose, but I still dont understand what makes it a 'race manifold' besides just calling it that to better help sell it.
40658, RE: symtech
IMO, not much. It's cast stainless from what i was told, so it should be very durable.
40659, RE: symtech
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I think the runners look a little larger than on the factory cast exhaust manifold while also featuring softer angles for improved flow. It's not an equal length unit, but looks fairly OEM while allowing for a nice turbo installation which doesn't look like you cobbled together some odds and ends you found under the kitchen sink.

Is it a race manifold? Well, I'd say that, if you buy the manifold, install it, and take it to the track a couple times, it is. More race than elaborate tig-welded monstrosities that spend more time on the dyno or in the paint shop than at the track.

Of course, what do I know, right? :shrug
40662, RE: symtech
Originally posted by DR1665
I think the runners look a little larger than on the factory cast exhaust manifold while also featuring softer angles for improved flow. It's not an equal length unit, but looks fairly OEM while allowing for a nice turbo installation which doesn't look like you cobbled together some odds and ends you found under the kitchen sink. Is it a race manifold? Well, I'd say that, if you buy the manifold, install it, and take it to the track a couple times, it is. More race than elaborate tig-welded monstrosities that spend more time on the dyno or in the paint shop than at the track. Of course, what do I know, right? :shrug

Hopefully that was not directly aimed at me :shrug

Yes, it is a nice almost stock looking turbo manifold, I was just curious on why the company calls it a race manifold.
40663, RE: symtech
Posted by Fallen4ng31, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
To entice people to buy it. Seriously man, you have to make a product appealing for people to want to buy it. Marketing 101.
40664, RE: symtech
Originally posted by Fallen4ng31
To entice people to buy it. Seriously man, you have to make a product appealing for people to want to buy it. Marketing 101.

Yeah that was what I said above...the company just named it a race manifold to make it more appealing to the public to buy it.
40667, RE: symtech
Posted by micyek, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Define "Race Manifold".
40681, RE: symtech
I dont think it matters what they call it. Its alot better than that log style manifold were all use too
40720, RE: symtech
Posted by ez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I dont think it matters what they call it. Its alot better than that log style manifold were all use too

Thank you. Call it super happy mega sparkle level 4 manifold for all I care, it's still the most practicle and durable (theoretically) mani for our application with relatively superior flow characteristics.

I'm curious if a low-profile wastegate is necessary to clear an aftermarket radiator + low profile fans. I'm already planning the upgrade...
40710, RE: symtech
Posted by eclipsekaiser, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Dino,

Can you post more detailed pictures of the manifold? I suspect we may not be able to use the factory location for the support bracket with everything mounted up.

Thanks Mang.

40718, RE: symtech
What support bracket?
40719, RE: symtech
Posted by eclipsekaiser, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The factory downpipe that is supported on the block by the 2 12 mm bolts. I think with the placement of the Symtech manifold being that low, we may not be able to use that factory location without some clever engineering. Or maybe i'm just being a worry wart.
40724, RE: symtech
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by eclipsekaiser
The factory downpipe that is supported on the block by the 2 12 mm bolts. I think with the placement of the Symtech manifold being that low, we may not be able to use that factory location without some clever engineering. Or maybe i'm just being a worry wart.

This.

that bracket is about as useless as the brackets that hold up the intake manifold
40727, RE: symtech
lol. dino's the only one with this manifold? i'd like to see it installed w/ fitment pics... how bout it d... :)
40728, RE: symtech
Can't start until the driveway is poured. I have to be able to move the car out of the way, and this thig is probably going to require a new downpipe to be fabricated... and if I do that, I might as well make new IC pipes, too...
40785, RE: symtech
some one give me one ill make a nice turbo kit out of it...What do you say stmtech sponsor me one of these's mani's...PLEASE...maybe??
I generated this page in 0.019800186157227 seconds, executing 7 queries.