Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectSo who here drinks Guinness?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=261
261, So who here drinks Guinness?
Posted by Ryan97EclipseRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Just curious, because all my friends give me shit for it (apparently I'm an old man because I respect a tasty beverage)
265, RE: So who here drinks Guinness?
Posted by Hult250R, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
me
266, RE: So who here drinks Guinness?
Posted by jdpilot, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I love it, then again I am irish.

Love guiness, bass, a good black and tan, heineken and amstel!

Like cars, I stay away from domestic (beer).

-My chevy blazer is a pain in the nutsack, something is always breaking!
276, RE: So who here drinks Guinness?
Posted by Chris97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by jdpilot My chevy blazer is a pain in the nutsack, something is always breaking!

Amen man!! That's why I just got rid of my 2000 Blazer.

But back on topic, I drink Guinness. Not all the time, but I like to enjoy a couple here and there.

267, RE: So who here drinks Guinness?
Posted by run4cvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Had 3 at lunch today.

268, RE: So who here drinks Guinness?
rock on, anyone give you crap for it? lol
270, RE: So who here drinks Guinness?
Posted by SonicYan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Me and my buddy like it. Distinct taste. And I don't like beer normally.
271, RE: So who here drinks Guinness?
Posted by eclipse_gs_1512, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've never once gotten crap for drinking it....but then again all of my friends drink it too.
272, RE: So who here drinks Guinness?
nice, i should hang out with you and your friends, mine are idiots.
279, RE: So who here drinks Guinness?
Posted by jdpilot, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I get no crap either, Irish bars and mexican retaurants harbor the hottest chicks
286, RE: So who here drinks Guinness?
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
bleh.

you guys are all gonna get fat :P
290, RE: So who here drinks Guinness?
Posted by HadesOmega, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I like it but the extra stout stuff whew a little too much taste for me to handle. O_o
319, RE: So who here drinks Guinness?
Posted by Vandy420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
love it---in fact I covered all the molding in my first apartment with guiness bottles. Took about 3 months and about 5-6 hundred bottles
358, RE: So who here drinks Guinness?
Posted by MCubed45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
irish car bombs!!!!!
516, RE: So who here drinks Guinness?
Posted by Cherry Poppins, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by MCubed45
irish car bombs!!!!!

Werd. I had those for the first time on NYE. Good stuff.
363, RE: So who here drinks Guinness?
Posted by ScreaminE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Blizare
bleh. you guys are all gonna get fat :P

And the raging munchies doesnt make you fat?
369, RE: So who here drinks Guinness?
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DR1665's drink master
Had 3 at lunch today.

And such is why, when I order more than two at lunch, the waitresses are always shocked/impressed. Most of the girlie-men out there these days just can't handle a stout beer. They have to have the Zima. Pffft. Pussies.

Guinness
New Castle
anything from Park Brau

406, RE: So who here drinks Guinness?
Posted by QC DSM ESiT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I drink it every once and a while. I like it but can't afford it most of the time. I'm just a poor college boy who spends all the extra money on the car.
408, RE: So who here drinks Guinness?
Posted by etx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
:beer
458, RE: So who here drinks Guinness?
Posted by Keith2172, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm going to try not to give you guys too much crap for drinking Guiness, but I will say that you are only hurting yourself for drinking it and believing you're at the top. GUINESS IS THE POOR MANS STOUT!!! There are so many places to go from here, but the good news is that if you've got a taste for the Stout then you'll be pleasently surprised with where it will take you. The next time you are walking down the aisle of the local shopping market I suggest you keep your eyes peeled for the following, ranked in order of tastiness;

- Sierra Nevada Stout: it's a good fall back, better than Guiness (side note the Soerra Nevada Porter is quite tasty as well)

- Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout: delicious and thick, kinda sweet, deep roasted flavor. Always a crowd pleaser, makes lesser men gawk at how slow it flows from the bottle :P (side note: Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale is delicious as well, if you're not in the mood for a stout then get this, it's like a top-shelf Newcastle)

- Anderson Flats Boontville Oatmeal Stout: This is one of the finest microbrew stouts I've had ever, ranks #2 if for no other reason then it's difficulty to obtain. You will most likely not find this brew unless you are from Northern to Central California, as it's brewed somewhere around Pismo (anything from this brewer is gold, get it as soon as you see the words 'Anderson Flats')

- Obesidian Stout: This was at one point the only reason I left the house, there was a little pub down the way from my home that'd sell it from the tap, so I took full advantage of $2 Tuesdays. That pub recently changed ownership and the Obesidian was removed from the list (fucking prissy sports bar punks) so I am left without the sweet nectar that was once my driving force. I have been fortunate to have drank from the goblet of God, while at the same time crushed by the now absence of my guiding light. If ever you find this stout STOCK UP FOR LIFE! Do not take chances, load your cellar, get a pack mule to help you carry it all, I don't care whats neccesary, just by enough to last till you no longer have breathe in your body. (side note: you can literally live off the nutrients found in this beer, a man was stranded in the Andes for three months and had enough, that lucky bastard, to live off nothing but Obesidian Stout till help arrived)

461, RE: So who here drinks Guinness?
Originally posted by Keith2172
A bunch of stuff about generic, American attempts at bettering a time-honored recipe that has been cheapened by the American media peddling it to simple-minded folks who only drink it to be cool.

If there is one thing I know about beer, it's that it's always better when it comes from Germany. If it's a pint of bitter you're after, then you go to Ireland. I'm not even remotely interested in trying new stouts. They are all other breweries that took something made in Europe and tried to change it to suit their liking. Not my taste.

465, RE: So who here drinks Guinness?
Posted by HiOnPSI, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
mmmm, mmm. Drink, bitch!

Jon

1997 Eclipse RS
12.671 @ 111.660 1.586 60' 5/28/04
1996 Honda Civic DX

www.haiokuracing.com
506, RE: So who here drinks Guinness?
Posted by thedawg, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Me.

521, RE: So who here drinks Guinness?
Decided my previous post would incite too much negativity

Next time you're in Central CA Driggs, hit me up and Im taking you drinking :beer
557, RE: So who here drinks Guinness?
Posted by SILVERNT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
all i drink is guinness extra stout and either jameson or bushmills whiskey.

btw, sierra nevada is gross as hell
558, RE: So who here drinks Guinness?
Originally posted by SILVERNT
all i drink is guinness extra stout ... sierra nevada is gross as hell

I've had their pale ale. It's awful. Like drinking gasoline only suckier. :+
574, RE: So who here drinks Guinness?
Sierra Nevada has the shittiest Pale Ale known to man, unfortunately it was the first thing I ever drank of theirs and it turned me off of any Sierra Nevada product for a long time. Two years later I got talked into, begrudgingly, drinking a Porter of theirs and it turns out it's pretty decent.

Side note, has anyone tried the full line of Samuel Adams? All we have out here is the Boston Lager which is decent for it's level, but I want to know how the rest are.
591, RE: So who here drinks Guinness?
Posted by SILVERNT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you guys want a lesson in stout, try Beamish. undoubtedly the best true irish stout out there. unfortunately, its very hard to find in the states, so next time youre in ireland or scotland, try a pint. and btw, guinnes draught and guinness extra stout taste nothing like they do in ireland. a true guinness fan cannot say they enjoy guinness unless theyve had a bottle straight from Dublin
623, RE: So who here drinks Guinness?
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by SILVERNT
you guys want a lesson in stout, try Beamish. undoubtedly the best true irish stout out there. unfortunately, its very hard to find in the states, so next time youre in ireland or scotland, try a pint. and btw, guinnes draught and guinness extra stout taste nothing like they do in ireland. a true guinness fan cannot say they enjoy guinness unless theyve had a bottle straight from Dublin

Beamish is quite common here. All my liquor stores and my bars sell it. I won't drink Guinness. Gimme a Beamish or a Black Velveteen any day and i will be quite happy. Guinness is for pussies.
I generated this page in 0.0088789463043213 seconds, executing 7 queries.