Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectProject: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=24495
24495, Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Posted by Graph-X, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Some of you know that I have acquired Shamu as a means of keeping my DSM dream alive. I've decided at the request of a few to start chronicling my journey to resurrect her to at first a running daily, then a boosted beauty. I know that she won't be as fast as she was with the original motor, but I will come as close as possible to it with my current 2.0 block. I will be taking pictures today of the current progress and hopefully have them up tonight.

Thanks to the people that have helped thus far. It's been much appreciated.
24499, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Whoa....

You're bring Shamu back? That's awesome. Props to you, sir.
24502, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Thanks Driggs. Right now, I am working on getting the fuel system together. I've checked the lines and they all look good. Now, I just need a fuel pump and FPR, Thanks go to Terry for one of his Star_Turbo_Talon signature fuel rails (minus the signature). I'll be hanging out in the search option for a while since I've never had to do anything with the fuel on the Talon, cept putting in a walhboro. Lucky me, I have a 95 so the FPR could handle the 50 shot of nitrous that I fired off maybe 3 times. I have pictures now of the car as it currently looks and will put them up later tonight or tomorrow (As soon as I can get the cable for the camera from my parents house).
24504, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Posted by dsmmyth, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sweet.

Gay avatar though.
24516, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Posted by lild14, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by dsmmyth
Sweet. Gay avatar though.

+1

:puke
24521, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Yeah well, I decided to stop changing my avatar cause someone seems to always provide me with a new one as soon as I change it. Anyways, back on topic please.
24526, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Posted by turbo8u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
your avatar is so hef
24529, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Posted by cs82685, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Good to here you're getting here back on the road.

Originally posted by Graph-X
I've checked the lines and they all look good. Now, I just need a fuel pump and FPR

Are you going with a walbro or just looking for a stocker to get up and running? I've got a donatable spare stocker to help a 2gnt'er bring a car back to life if you need. Although I imagine if you're eventually getting it back to boosted status you may just want to put in a walbro to start.
24530, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
I was originally going to use an external pump, but Terry talked me out of it. I've got a spare walboro that I'm going to put in there. and yes it will eventually be boosted again. First things first... Put the beast back together.
24531, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I know that she won't be as fast as she was with the original motor

That car was never fast. Good luck with the shitbox.
24533, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Originally posted by DarkOne
Originally posted by Graph-X I know that she won't be as fast as she was with the original motor
That car was never fast. Good luck with the shitbox.

dinowned
24534, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
haterz!
24535, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Posted by whodatt1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The car put down some nice numbers after a lot of work was done to unfuck a lot of it, and some non-retarded tuning was done. Sux that when it started to show its true potential, it got ransacked. good luck with it Nick.
I got your VM and have put down the date for the meet on my calendar.
24550, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
pics

24551, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Posted by freelancefool, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ouch. That's gonna be a pretty good bit of work. For a shameless plug, I have almost a complete interior sitting in a spare room here at the house. As well as some window motors, glass, etc if you need anything.
24552, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Thanks, I'll keep you in mind, but I think there's some people a little closer to home that have what I need. I'll let you know if there's anything missing that I might need though.
24560, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Posted by edxmon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I havent been on the boards long enought, but ide like to know what the story behind this "Shamu" is. :shrug
24572, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by edxmon
I havent been on the boards long enought, but ide like to know what the story behind this "Shamu" is. :shrug

Jeebus. Search!

Search for Brynden, or better yet search for BRYDEN

24573, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Posted by slowmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by djtrickee
Search for Brynden, or better yet search for BRYDEN

Well, with both of the last Pits iterations removed he might actually get results with BryNden. lol

Or maybe we should just start flagging old threads with a "drama" label and just add that button to the search function. :P
24576, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Posted by KaptainMyke, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
what happened to it? Was it vandalized? or just stripped?

I guess I lost track of Shamu after whodatt bought it. I understand he sold it now to someone else, but wtf why is it trashed in the inside? What does the outsides look like?

24583, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Originally posted by KaptainMyke
what happened to it? Was it vandalized? or just stripped? I guess I lost track of Shamu after whodatt bought it. I understand he sold it now to someone else, but wtf why is it trashed in the inside? What does the outsides look like?

Hugeass had it sitting at some shop (ERT?) and someone broke into it. They stole the stereo, speakers, and DVD player, SAFC, and some other stuff. Hugeass got frustrated and parted it out, then sold the shell to Kulaga. Kulaga then sold it to GraphX here.

That car's been passed around more 2GNT'ers than the drunk local girl at the shootout-before-last.
24610, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Posted by totaleklipse97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by KaptainMyke what happened to it? Was it vandalized? or just stripped? I guess I lost track of Shamu after whodatt bought it. I understand he sold it now to someone else, but wtf why is it trashed in the inside? What does the outsides look like?
Hugeass had it sitting at some shop (ERT?) and someone broke into it. They stole the stereo, speakers, and DVD player, SAFC, and some other stuff. Hugeass got frustrated and parted it out, then sold the shell to Kulaga. Kulaga then sold it to GraphX here. That car's been passed around more 2GNT'ers than the drunk local girl at the shootout-before-last.

Actually the break-in was at the Dyno Shop after it was done at ERT. If I remember correctly.. either way.. it got fucking trashed. I almost bought it from Kulaga but had no way to transport it back here. Seeing the pictures I'm glad I didn't.

Oh, and Dino, was that the drunk slip-n-slide bitch or the other dirty nasty fuckhole at the shootout?
24631, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Well, hopefully you can pull it off. You seem to have a lot of heart.

If it was me though, I'd probably be too discouraged to continue every time I saw it.

Good luck.
24598, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Originally posted by edxmon I havent been on the boards long enought, but ide like to know what the story behind this "Shamu" is. :shrug
Jeebus. Search! Search for Brynden, or better yet search for BRYDEN

now how the fuck was I supposed to come up with that name?

"Oh yeah, hmmm I want to learn about shamu, so Ill do a search for BRYDEN, that makes sense!"
24603, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Originally posted by edxmon I havent been on the boards long enought, but ide like to know what the story behind this "Shamu" is. :shrug
now how the fuck was I supposed to come up with that name? "Oh yeah, hmmm I want to learn about shamu, so Ill do a search for BRYDEN, that makes sense!"

LOL newbs.

Major LAFFO @ Dino's post. bwahahaaa that's just oh so CRAZY!
24607, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Posted by slowmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
now how the fuck was I supposed to come up with that name? "Oh yeah, hmmm I want to learn about shamu, so Ill do a search for BRYDEN, that makes sense!"

The search has plenty of results for "Shamu". Before your time, you'll get over it. :P

24608, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Posted by saikou, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by slowmitsu
The search has plenty of results for "Shamu". Before your time, you'll get over it. :P

edxpokeman
Member since Jul 26th 2005

slowmitsu
Member since May 26th 2005

whaa? :scratch
24609, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Originally posted by saikou
Originally posted by slowmitsu The search has plenty of results for "Shamu". Before your time, you'll get over it. :P
edxpokeman Member since Jul 26th 2005 slowmitsu Member since May 26th 2005 whaa? :scratch

Nice. N3wb on N3wb action. Double-teamed imo. I bet Edxmon was on the bottom.
24656, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Posted by DR1665v2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Nice. N3wb on N3wb action. Double-teamed imo. I bet Edxmon was on the bottom.

Haha. Tell me about it.

FNGs. :rolleyes
24616, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Originally posted by saikou
edxpokeman

LMAO.

I remember that.
24618, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
The pics are a little misleading. It's not as bad as it looks. As soon as I rewire the stereo system it will look much nicer.
24623, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
It's not as bad as it looks.

yea it is

24624, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Originally posted by turbo8u
Originally posted by Graph-X It's not as bad as it looks.
yea it is

X2
24625, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Originally posted by Graph-X It's not as bad as it looks.
yea it is
X2

Some of us have seen this car in person... Yes, IT IS!
24626, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
No sense in bitching.... better to say nothing at all.
24627, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
talk about self pwnage

24629, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Ya, bad deals are something we will talk about some other time. I didn't quite get the message that the wiring was in complete disarray either. I only heard about the condition of the frame and suspension. Other than wiring its still in better shape than what I'm working with now. I still wouldn't mind finding a nice shell to swap my motor into. Just finding the time and money to put up in the mean time is rough. Good luck fixing the community whore, LOL.. If it makes you feel better, I even drove it when it was a 2.6L. So ya, it's been around :)
24630, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
haha I sat/rode/farted in it, too. LOL

24632, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Posted by Malenko, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
lets not gay up this thread anymore then totaleklipse97 and Graph-X's avatars already are. keep it on topic kids.

Also, I have tan front and rear seats you can have if you need them
24633, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Originally posted by Malenko
lets not gay up this thread anymore then totaleklipse97 and Graph-X's avatars already are. keep it on topic kids. Also, I have tan front and rear seats you can have if you need them

I don't have an avatar.. homo! (well not until terri decides he needs his kicks for the day and puts it in there.)

(edit: i couldn't see it until i went into my profile editor.. wtf??) Can we make a motion that terri can't edit avatars anymore?
24634, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by totaleklipse97Can we make a motion that terri can't edit avatars anymore?

No.
And I really don't see how rewiring the stereo will do ANYTHING to make that car look any better. You really got your work cut out for you dude.
You should restore it to it's original glory with some vinyl and a double wing. ;)
edit: Found a pic of it at it's "best". lol
24643, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Originally posted by eclipzGST
Originally posted by totaleklipse97Can we make a motion that terri can't edit avatars anymore?
No. And I really don't see how rewiring the stereo will do ANYTHING to make that car look any better. You really got your work cut out for you dude. You should restore it to it's original glory with some vinyl and a double wing. ;) edit: Found a pic of it at it's "best". lol

SWEET! i looked everywhere on my forum and my old backups, but didn't have anything

24644, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Frankly most of you are talking out your ass including Stanley. The car's chassis and body were in great shape. The work is that there was so much aftermarket wired into the car that when Huj removed most of it he just left the original shit hanging. The pictures are very misleading.

I dont know where stanley gets off saying the chassis and body were fucked up, they are fine and really need little to no work. The front bumper is all that needs paint but then again unlike stanleys car, Shamu has all its body panels.

All the car needs is someone with a little bit of ambition to clean up the wiring, convert the fuel system back to a single pump design and replace the broken window. If the car had a sunroof, i would have it myself.

Anyone who cant actually build their own project car should remain silent in this thread. I am not talking about paying a shop to install a LSD, ported head and cam gears Stanley. I only see a few people in this thread who have anyting usefull to say in this thread, the rest of you need to ask your mom for your balls and go do something with your own car.

If my car got owned the way Shamu did, I would have a lot of respect for the guy who had the ambition to put it back on the road as more than just a daily driver. Thats one reason I could never sell my own car to any lazy ass on this site.

Terry
24645, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
How do you REALLY feel Terry???? hehe
Myke, I had to do a TON of searching to find that pic. Seems every pic of it that existed was on Bryndens page which is long gone. Luckily, I found a link to a pic on ricecop.com that had it listed as "the skunk car" or something. lol
24646, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Originally posted by eclipzGST
How do you REALLY feel Terry???? hehe Myke, I had to do a TON of searching to find that pic. Seems every pic of it that existed was on Bryndens page which is long gone. Luckily, I found a link to a pic on ricecop.com that had it listed as "the skunk car" or something. lol

haha that's crazy - yeah, he didn't have too many pics on my forum, either.

24648, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
terry :love shamu
24654, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
terry :love shamu

lmao kiss my ass josh.
24655, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Frankly most of you are talking out your ass including Stanley. The car's chassis and body were in great shape. The work is that there was so much aftermarket wired into the car that when Huj removed most of it he just left the original shit hanging. The pictures are very misleading. I dont know where stanley gets off saying the chassis and body were fucked up, they are fine and really need little to no work. The front bumper is all that needs paint but then again unlike stanleys car, Shamu has all its body panels. All the car needs is someone with a little bit of ambition to clean up the wiring, convert the fuel system back to a single pump design and replace the broken window. If the car had a sunroof, i would have it myself. Anyone who cant actually build their own project car should remain silent in this thread. I am not talking about paying a shop to install a LSD, ported head and cam gears Stanley. I only see a few people in this thread who have anyting usefull to say in this thread, the rest of you need to ask your mom for your balls and go do something with your own car. If my car got owned the way Shamu did, I would have a lot of respect for the guy who had the ambition to put it back on the road as more than just a daily driver. Thats one reason I could never sell my own car to any lazy ass on this site. Terry

Ok.. before you go talking out of your own ass you might want to read the replies I have posted before. I never said the body/chassis was in bad shape. This is what I said:
Originally posted by totaleklipse97
I didn't quite get the message that the wiring was in complete disarray either. I only heard about the condition of the frame and suspension. Other than wiring its still in better shape than what I'm working with now.

Now, where in that fucking reply did I ONCE SAY THAT THE CHASSIS OR BODY WAS IN BAD SHAPE??????????????

Oh, and your "pay a shop to install cam gears and an LSD". That didn't fucking happen. I worked my ass off at ERT as much as anyone else did to pull that transmission and install that LSD. I didn't know how to do it myself, but that sure as fuck didn't mean I didn't put any work into it. Sleeping on the floor of ERT because we just spend until 4am pulling and reinstalling my trans, while my trans is laying in peices doesn't quite constitute "dropping it off to get some work done". Oh, but you were there when we did that work too huh?? BTW, no fucking shop installed the cam gears on my car. I did that myself after I got it back from the first fuckup place I took it. When I replaced my own fucking cam seals because the first place had no idea how to install them. Re-did the timing on my car, and installed the cam gears. I don't have a garage with snap-on tools to do work on my car. I'm sorry that I've had to get help elsewhere becuase I don't have the resources myself. That makes me so much less of a dedicated member to this site. If that's what you really think of me you can kiss my fucking ass. I've said my peice.. if you don't fucking like it well that's just too bad.
24678, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Originally posted by totaleklipse97
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon Frankly most of you are talking out your ass including Stanley. The car's chassis and body were in great shape. The work is that there was so much aftermarket wired into the car that when Huj removed most of it he just left the original shit hanging. The pictures are very misleading. I dont know where stanley gets off saying the chassis and body were fucked up, they are fine and really need little to no work. The front bumper is all that needs paint but then again unlike stanleys car, Shamu has all its body panels. All the car needs is someone with a little bit of ambition to clean up the wiring, convert the fuel system back to a single pump design and replace the broken window. If the car had a sunroof, i would have it myself. Anyone who cant actually build their own project car should remain silent in this thread. I am not talking about paying a shop to install a LSD, ported head and cam gears Stanley. I only see a few people in this thread who have anyting usefull to say in this thread, the rest of you need to ask your mom for your balls and go do something with your own car. If my car got owned the way Shamu did, I would have a lot of respect for the guy who had the ambition to put it back on the road as more than just a daily driver. Thats one reason I could never sell my own car to any lazy ass on this site. Terry
Ok.. before you go talking out of your own ass you might want to read the replies I have posted before. I never said the body/chassis was in bad shape. This is what I said:
Originally posted by totaleklipse97 I didn't quite get the message that the wiring was in complete disarray either. I only heard about the condition of the frame and suspension. Other than wiring its still in better shape than what I'm working with now.
Now, where in that fucking reply did I ONCE SAY THAT THE CHASSIS OR BODY WAS IN BAD SHAPE?????????????? Oh, and your "pay a shop to install cam gears and an LSD". That didn't fucking happen. I worked my ass off at ERT as much as anyone else did to pull that transmission and install that LSD. I didn't know how to do it myself, but that sure as fuck didn't mean I didn't put any work into it. Sleeping on the floor of ERT because we just spend until 4am pulling and reinstalling my trans, while my trans is laying in peices doesn't quite constitute "dropping it off to get some work done". Oh, but you were there when we did that work too huh?? BTW, no fucking shop installed the cam gears on my car. I did that myself after I got it back from the first fuckup place I took it. When I replaced my own fucking cam seals because the first place had no idea how to install them. Re-did the timing on my car, and installed the cam gears. I don't have a garage with snap-on tools to do work on my car. I'm sorry that I've had to get help elsewhere becuase I don't have the resources myself. That makes me so much less of a dedicated member to this site. If that's what you really think of me you can kiss my fucking ass. I've said my peice.. if you don't fucking like it well that's just too bad.

Impressive, thats just liek building a car from the ground up...yeah ok genius.
24653, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Posted by micyek, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Even after all these year Shamu is still a very polarizing entity on this site.

Do we need a bigger sand box kids?
24659, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Posted by ner947, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
We might need a section only for owners to post about their cars that have been passed around like a nasty STD
24661, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Posted by Nine5eclipse03, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So... i'm not OG enough to be familiar with shamu... and those pictures you guys are posting arent working, except for the stripped dash/interior shots. Can i get some background info? and maybe some working pics? Any info would be helpful lol, Thanks!
24663, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03
So... i'm not OG enough to be familiar with shamu... and those pictures you guys are posting arent working, except for the stripped dash/interior shots. Can i get some background info? and maybe some working pics? Any info would be helpful lol, Thanks!

Pfft, you're better off now even getting into this, or some one is going to start flaming you, see my post above, I asked the same exact question... and look at the responses.
24664, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Posted by Nine5eclipse03, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03 So... i'm not OG enough to be familiar with shamu... and those pictures you guys are posting arent working, except for the stripped dash/interior shots. Can i get some background info? and maybe some working pics? Any info would be helpful lol, Thanks!
Pfft, you're better off now even getting into this, or some one is going to start flaming you, see my post above, I asked the same exact question... and look at the responses.

Yeah... but youre kinda known for saying stupid stuff.
24666, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Posted by Malenko, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I felt inspired

24668, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
dude I got underglows on my bed its tight
24673, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
that's my car (Lois) behind Shamu, in that pic!

Old school pic, with all the graphics, lol - I think our cars were faster back then with the vinyl

24674, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
I think our cars were faster back then with the vinyl

No.
24675, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
No.

Yes. They were.
24676, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Originally posted by DarkOne No.
Yes. They were.

I've got a couple more pics of his car, but I left them at home. I will post them up laters. Pretty good stuff, and a bunch of pics of his car from back in the day pits-photoshop wars. hehe.
24677, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Posted by 95_ESi_Person, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Not too bad. Makes my Regal project seem a whole lot easier now!

All I have to deal with is wiring and engine issues... no ECU/PCM to deal with for now.
24680, RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I think this thread has outlived its usefulness.

Good luck with getting Shamu back together. It's going to take some big balls to tighten the old girl back up again. Keep your head straight and stick to the plan or this one could eat you alive.

For the new(er) guys, run a search on terms like: Brynden, Bryden, Shamu, and maybe 2.6. I'll see if I can't find something locked away somewhere that I can't dust off for more background for you guys.
I generated this page in 0.014030933380127 seconds, executing 7 queries.