Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectHit a new low...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=1276
1276, Hit a new low...
Posted by BlackMagic, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So I was browsing the local Barnes and Nobles and look what i find...

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=uN5EyhgC2c&isbn=0760320772&itm=2

someone needs to be shot
1277, RE: Hit a new low...
Posted by saikou, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
How to build a 10 second car:
1. body kit
2. aluminum wing
3. high-end stereo equipment
4. graphic kit
5. underbody neon lights

Eddie Paul must drive a Civic. :thumbsdown
1280, RE: Hit a new low...
Posted by WIDECLIPSE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I thought ricers were on the decline, now there's a step by step guide. This is just great.
1282, RE: Hit a new low...
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
As long as I followed the rules, my review should be posted within three days...

A reviewer, a DSM (Eclipse/Talon) owner., January 18, 2006,
Or you could do it right...

If you want to build a sport compact car that only looks fast and furious, buy this book, but the general consensus among those who actually own and modify these cars for true performance is that following these ideas is a slap in the face to true performance enthusiasts. Of the modifications addressed by this book in the description, only a nitrous system actually contributes to making a faster car. The rest is merely fluff that will get you laughed at. The Fast and the Furious was a highly entertaining movie to watch, but if you really want to go fast, you owe it to yourself to find a book titled 'Maximum Boost' by Corky Bell.

Also recommended: Maximum Boost by Corky Bell

:thumbsup
1285, RE: Hit a new low...
god i wonder how many kids bought that book
1321, RE: Hit a new low...
Posted by whodatt1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
book says, how to build cars of the fast and the furious. not how to build a 10 sec. car. sure it ricey, but no where in there do I see it claim that these are all performance oriented "upgrades". so if you want your car to LOOK like the ones in Fast and the Furious, then this book will help.

Not really defending the book, just preventing people from going on there and making themselves look foolish by bashing the book as a "performance guide" while not really reading what the book is all about.

1341, RE: Hit a new low...
it's great if you want to customize your car, but at least try to be original about it, instead of copying a movie many people just laugh at.
1352, RE: Hit a new low...
Posted by Max-Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by BlackMagic
it's great if you want to customize your car, but at least try to be original about it, instead of copying a movie many people just laugh at.

Uhh... the book is "Licensed by Universal Studios" or w/e it was... they aren't copying the idea off the movie... it's made by the people that made the movie. The movie was a major hit and it is a smart move for them to release this book...

However, it just makes me want to cry. :'(
1356, RE: Hit a new low...
im not saying the book is copying ideas of the movie, im saying that the people that buy the book and build those cars exactly like the ones in the movies are copying them. don't get sassy with me
1395, RE: Hit a new low...
Posted by Max-Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by BlackMagic
im not saying the book is copying ideas of the movie, im saying that the people that buy the book and build those cars exactly like the ones in the movies are copying them. don't get sassy with me

Oh... ok... i agree with your point then. ;)
1443, RE: Hit a new low...
Posted by cs82685, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i wonder if it includes websites where you can find fake bov's and the thing that goes in your exhaust to make it sound like a turbo spooling, maybe even how to swap a skyline engine into a 2gnt or how to polish your home depot cai for that right out of the movie look
I generated this page in 0.0085399150848389 seconds, executing 7 queries.