Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectSnowboarding
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=119
119, Snowboarding
Posted by 96rs-t, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
who snowboards, and where?

I have my season pass @ mt. high, but this winter is pissing me off.
121, RE: Snowboarding
Posted by DarkEclips96, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I do, I go to Blue Mt. and Bear Creak in the Poconos. Yea this winter hasnt been great so far.
134, RE: Snowboarding
Posted by cougar694u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DarkEclips96
I do, I go to Blue Mt. and Bear Creak in the Poconos. Yea this winter hasnt been great so far.

What are you talking about??? This winter's great so far, it was like 80 yesterday.
142, RE: Snowboarding
Posted by 96eclipse2nr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
me and a few friends are going to a small resort in new mexico this sunday. its been a bit shit for snow this year...its so warm! im also hoping to go somewhere over spring break. i live in texas and new mexico or colorado are closest for snow...so i dont ever have anything like a season pass or anything..
150, RE: Snowboarding
that sucks, i live only 30mins away from the resort, but this sun here in cali needs to go away already. All we have is man-made snow so far.
151, RE: Snowboarding
Posted by DarkEclips96, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Dam, does it get even near cold enough to make snow there? Im forgetting all you guys are west coast.
171, RE: Snowboarding
Posted by Blk95GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm in Denver and have the Peaks pass, so anyone going to Breck, Keystone, A. Basin, or Vail let me know and we can ride I-70 into the mountains. (I love that drive)

Has anyone found/made a board rack for the 2g? One board and my car is a two seater max.
172, RE: Snowboarding
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Blk95GS
I'm in Denver and have the Peaks pass, so anyone going to Breck, Keystone, A. Basin, or Vail let me know and we can ride I-70 into the mountains. (I love that drive) Has anyone found/made a board rack for the 2g? One board and my car is a two seater max.

You're Denver? heh. another one.
176, RE: Snowboarding
yup, I've seen you on rmdsm a bit. I'm up north (Louisville/Lafayette) so it's a good 30-40 minutes just to get to Golden.
If you board, I'll be going as often as I can soon so let me know if you want to meet up.

-T
179, RE: Snowboarding
Originally posted by DarkEclips96
Dam, does it get even near cold enough to make snow there? Im forgetting all you guys are west coast.

yea, it can get pretty cold out here in cali. For the last two seasons, the resort closest to me has been opening up during october, however, this season they opened in december due to this shitty hot weather. We've only had 2inches of natural snow so far, but we've had 12inches of man-made snow.
183, RE: Snowboarding
I was in Vail a couple weeks ago and Breckenridge early this month,
both had knee deep powder on the back side (8+" the night before). Best snow I've ever seen.
204, RE: Snowboarding
Posted by 96eclipse2nr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the resort were goin to has mainly man-made snow, 16-24". they started back in nov. theyve got a bit of natural snow but not much. unfortunatley they only have 9 of 38 runs. but hey, snow is snow!
a few places in CO and NM. copper, monarch, durango mountain (formerly purgatory ski area), cuchara, and we are heading to sipapu this weekend.

i try to go at least once a year. oh yah, and im also a cross-over skiier. iv been boarding for 3 years now. dunno that ill ever go back to skiing..although i may do it from time to time
223, RE: Snowboarding
Posted by flamineclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I ski. Here in WV we have Snowshoe, and Winterplace, as well as Timberline and Canane Valley. I try to hit either Vermont or Colorado every year though. My personal favorites are the back bowls @ Vail. Best sking of my life there. If I could convince my wife to move out there, I'd start packing tonight!

Oh, you don't like altezza's? Too bad, your gonna get a good look at mine.
248, RE: Snowboarding
I would love to hit up Colorado some day. Mammoth lakes is a pretty cool place to go to as well.
1013, RE: Snowboarding
Posted by DSM_John, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Kind of a dead post but this calls for it. I'm going to be in only the greatest place on earth from Feb. 10-19....can you say Alps-Switzerland. Champery to be exact, I'm getting so excited for this trip. Well, not to brag, but I am and I'll also be in Florence & Rome from Feb. 22-25 and Barcelona Feb. 26 - March 1.
1014, RE: Snowboarding
Posted by Collente, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ut about 2 weeks ago:
http://starvingstudents.org/vids/nickbombin.asf

Nick
97RS
1048, RE: Snowboarding
Posted by coppereclipse95, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I just got back from my snowboarding trip. Went to Snowbird in Utah and Breck/Keystone/A-Basin in Colorado for two weeks total. I loved it.

Now I'm back in TN with 50+ degree weather, no snow. The closest resorts are Sugar Mountain, NC and Winterplace or snowshow, WV.

Do you guys know anywhere I can get killer deals on stuff? I'm looking for new bindings (Ride) and new board (Forum).
1055, RE: Snowboarding
Posted by thedawg, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Mountain High never gets snow. Its shitty, and low elevation. At least go the extra 30 minutes to Big Bear.

And yes, we get snow in California.

Anyone who wants to go to Mammoth, Baldy, or Bear whenever there's at least a 4 foot base,
just PM me. I go about twice a month. Double black on skis, blueblack on board.
Mammoth has a 10-12 foot base right now, Kirkwood has 12-14 foot, both better than the rest of the US.
Vail is a runner up with 9-11 foot, weaksauce. ;)
1059, RE: Snowboarding
Posted by DSM_John, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
coppereclipse, check out boardtactics.com. They typically have the best deals. I've boughten Flow bindings and some Dragon goggles from them. Awesome company.....now if only I had the money for The Most Unholy Jacket Ever, Shawn White did an awesome job.
1069, RE: Snowboarding
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It's not even snowing up in canada :shrug

And I bought brand new Vokl's this year. :(
1078, RE: Snowboarding
i believe bear and mt high share the same elevation. Last year i only went to bear, but the drive there just sucks, especially coming down (so much damn traffic), which is why i chose mt. high this season, no traffic, closer, and pretty much the same thing. But yea, bear does have better runs. I'm just waiting for a nice storm to use my free pass to bear.
I generated this page in 0.010707139968872 seconds, executing 7 queries.