Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectinstalled my second FU strut bar
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=8674
8674, installed my second FU strut bar
Posted by 1TuffRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I installed my second strut bar and fixed my nuespeed bar (i lost one of the nuts and had to use some nuts w/ the wrong threads to keep it on. amazingly enough mitsu gave the nuts to me for free). The difference is amazing. I dont really know how to describe it but I know I definitely need to do something with the rear now. When I was going at highway speeds my steering wheel would shake a lot, but and after the installation it pretty much stopped. Also what is the difference between what strut bars do vs anti roll bars. I know they both just connect the left and right sides of the suspension but am kind of clueless. Do the strut bars help to eliminate some body roll???
8675, RE: installed my second FU strut bar
Posted by pancito, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>>>Do the strut bars help to eliminate some body roll???

I don't think so, i will like to know also, but simply at looking at the connection points, the swaybars do connect on the suspension (Moving parts) and the strut bars don't.

What i will like to do before putting strutbars is finding a rear swaybar, the price for everything is less then 200, right?

8676, RE: installed my second FU strut bar
Posted by ourformerselves, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Strut bars do connect to the suspension at the top on the 3 bolts. They eliminate some body roll, but sway bars eliminate even more.. and lower tie bars eliminate even more.. so if you want to eliminate most or all body roll, get the F&R Upper Strut Bars, Sway Bars, & Lower Tie-Bars.

Thanks, Richard (97 ESi)
http://www.ourformerselves.com/richard/main.htm

BEST TRACK TIME -- 16.46 @ 86.03mph
----------------------------------------------------------

CURRENT MODS:
AEM Cold Air Intake || Magnacor 8.5 Ignition Wires || NKG BKR6EVX-11 Spark Plugs || Front & Rear Strut Bars || Eibach Springs Pro-Kit || KYB AGX Adjustable Shocks/Struts || AF/X Underdrive Pulley || Pacesetter - Monza Exhaust System || OBX Racing Sports - B5 Bomb Tunable Muffler || Energy Suspension - Motor Mount Inserts || Bored Throttle Body

POINTLESS MODS:
Sylvania Cool Blue Headlights || Cobra Eyes Windshield Washer Blue LED Lights || Nokya Motorsports Sport Pedal Set
8677, RE: installed my second FU strut bar
Posted by Amish_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i'm gonna take a guess here and say that the sways didn't eliminate your steeringwheels problem. you prolly changed your alignemnt specs while installing it and everything is sitting a little different.
8678, RE: installed my second FU strut bar
Posted by GorkoRacing, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey Toney, glad you like your bar man. Bout time you put that biatch on.
8679, RE: installed my second FU strut bar
Posted by RyaN95i4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i have two FUSTBs also. the difference in going from 1 to 2 isnt as noticeable as going from 0 to 1, but its there.

the upper stbs help with body roll very little. theyll eliminate some body flex at the limit, but they have the biggest impact on steering feel and turn-in.
I generated this page in 0.0092630386352539 seconds, executing 7 queries.