Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectPics of some of my recent suspension upgrades
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=33472
33472, Pics of some of my recent suspension upgrades
Posted by iamnotwhoiam, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Felt like sharing some of my new goodies that I have added to the Talon.

Today I was finally able to install my rear RM DSM sway bar and accompanying rear lower tie bar that I just got back from being powder-coated.

Enjoy:

I also installed Ground Control coil-overs and AGX adj struts awhile back as well. oh so pretty!

33473, RE: Pics of some of my recent suspension upgrades
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Simple, but clean. Nice.
33474, RE: Pics of some of my recent suspension upgrades
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Does the RM come with the ends? Also what price glory for those? I'm presuming the lower tie bar is E-Bay?
33475, RE: Pics of some of my recent suspension upgrades
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I bought my RM set from MachV, and as far as I know they are the only ones that have stock on them.

http://www.machv.com/rmracswaybar1.html

My kit did not include the links - they must be bought separately (OEM, or aftermarket).
33476, RE: Pics of some of my recent suspension upgrades
I got links from rockauto awhile back along with getting the set of RM sways used last year that were in pretty bad cosmetic shape.

I originally was going to just sand them down and paint them, but got a deal on coating, so I went with it.

The tie bars are actually "custom" from back in the day by an old 2gnt member, "Hurricane_GS"

I have a front as well for both sway and tie bar, but have not yet installed them.

Also for the rear sways I had to "aggressively" remove the old end links from the arms as they came with them and would not come off nicely.

Before parts:

33477, RE: Pics of some of my recent suspension upgrades
Posted by xcasbonx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looks good man. As for those tie bars, it would be pretty simple for someone to make these again. Makes me wish I had a welder, knew what I was doing, and made some. We have tons of small diameter solid rounds and plate here at work that we scrap out from drops all the time.
33478, RE: Pics of some of my recent suspension upgrades
Originally posted by xcasbonx
Looks good man. As for those tie bars, it would be pretty simple for someone to make these again. Makes me wish I had a welder, knew what I was doing, and made some. We have tons of small diameter solid rounds and plate here at work that we scrap out from drops all the time.

Yep thick hollow metal tubes with pre-bent and pre-drilled brackets attached. Might even work better with solid round pieces too.
33479, RE: Pics of some of my recent suspension upgrades
Posted by xcasbonx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I think I may try to get some scrap here from work and toy around with it out at my old mans place sometime.
33480, RE: Pics of some of my recent suspension upgrades
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Shoot me an email if you want tie bars.......these would be easy to make.
33570, RE: Pics of some of my recent suspension upgrades
Posted by scorpo86, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Does that gold bar across the arms really help with handling? I have been looking at those but not sure if they are worth it.
33571, RE: Pics of some of my recent suspension upgrades
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Its not something you will nec notice depending on the quality of the bar. Rigid like the one shown here is prolly the best choice if you want one. The ones on ebay that are 3 pieces that bolt together will still flex.

Look at it this way, its a couple more quarters in the change jar.....it all adds up.
33812, RE: Pics of some of my recent suspension upgrades
sooo... anything coming together?
33813, RE: Pics of some of my recent suspension upgrades
Posted by dalesmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Nice setup.

Myself, budget wise I would go with the Tanabe lower tie bar.
33833, RE: Pics of some of my recent suspension upgrades
so anything coming together... again?? would love to see progress
I generated this page in 0.0084459781646729 seconds, executing 7 queries.