Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectWiki Article on how to perform a DIY alignment.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=33068
33068, Wiki Article on how to perform a DIY alignment.
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=DIY_Alignment
33069, RE: Wiki Article on how to perform a DIY alignment.
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
holy fluck. awesome addition. props
33071, RE: Wiki Article on how to perform a DIY alignment.
Posted by 740 turbo brick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You are a wizard..
33072, RE: Wiki Article on how to perform a DIY alignment.
Posted by dalesmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
cool.
33073, RE: Wiki Article on how to perform a DIY alignment.
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yay for old skool.
33076, RE: Wiki Article on how to perform a DIY alignment.
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Awesome!

Great job Dave!
33080, RE: Wiki Article on how to perform a DIY alignment.
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Very nice Dave!
33087, RE: Wiki Article on how to perform a DIY alignment.
Posted by Red90Sev, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thought I would throw this youtube how to in here as well. This is the one that I've been using.
Good job on the writeup man. :thumbsup
33140, RE: Wiki Article on how to perform a DIY alignment.
Posted by thakid22, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

Pure genious!
33155, RE: Wiki Article on how to perform a DIY alignment.
Posted by freelancefool, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I didn't think you would actually use that for anything serious. I believe Tyler did a pretty similar alignment for a week or two until he had the car running well enough on MS to drive to the alignment place.
33156, RE: Wiki Article on how to perform a DIY alignment.
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
With an accurate measuring device and tools, it is not unrealistic to dial the toe in pretty tight. Unless you have a hookup at an alignment shop, the tech there has a fairly wide range as far as OEM specs are for toe. All he needs to do is get it in the green, and get the car out.

Last time I had my car aligned, the dumbass had the toe near the edges of the acceptable range. I could tell the difference when driving on flat pavement.

Doing it myself and taking the time, I am able to zero it in as tight as I want.
33158, RE: Wiki Article on how to perform a DIY alignment.
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by CODE4
With an accurate measuring device and tools, it is not unrealistic to dial the toe in pretty tight. Unless you have a hookup at an alignment shop, the tech there has a fairly wide range as far as OEM specs are for toe. All he needs to do is get it in the green, and get the car out. Last time I had my car aligned, the dumbass had the toe near the edges of the acceptable range. I could tell the difference when driving on flat pavement. Doing it myself and taking the time, I am able to zero it in as tight as I want.

This.

Unless you have a friend that actually gives a crap running the alignment machine you won't get a better alignment than this method. There are several race shops out here that won't use a "standard" alignment rack because the tolerances are too far off for their needs.

Oh and when I mention race shops, I'm mostly talking about 3R Racing, they run in the Speed World Challenge and set up Porsche GT3 RSR's for ALMS and Rolex. http://www.3rauto.com/ My FIL is friends with the owners :7
I generated this page in 0.0078549385070801 seconds, executing 7 queries.