Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectLowering Springs
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=33049
33049, Lowering Springs
Posted by JoshDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok so im wanting to know what springs are lower the H&R Race spring or the H&R sport spring? I have gold lines on my car right now with stock gst rims and the drop is not cutting it, i want to have very little wheel gap what should i do
33050, RE: Lowering Springs
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If you would check their website, it specifically shows you the drop.

http://hrsprings.com/scripts/appguide.php?Mode=Make+Guide&SubMode=Find3&MakeID=28
33051, RE: Lowering Springs
Thanks, i was also asking if anyone has any personal exp. with any of the things i listed, i saw a guy on here with gold lines and he looks slammed and mine does not even look like that
33052, RE: Lowering Springs
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
not to hijack, but i want dave's wheelgap, but i also wanna be lower and hug the ground. ughh
33053, RE: Lowering Springs
thats exactly how i want to be, but im not sure what will drop me like that without getting coil overs

i have a buddy with a gs he has Tein Stecs 1.3in drop i have gold lines 2 in drop we have the same stock gs rims same tires size to, and he is way lower than i am, i dont see how that is possible when my springs are said to have more of a drop
33054, RE: Lowering Springs
Posted by Ebster1085, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I am a fan of the Eibach Pro Kit springs..

33055, RE: Lowering Springs
thats a nice car, but the front bumper is way to high for me
33056, RE: Lowering Springs
Posted by electrohead, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If you look, our bumpers look higher in the front, but go lower next to the front wheels. Be careful going too low. Slammed cars look great, but if it's a daily driver, the effort involved to avoid damage to your bumpers and sides will make the car less enjoyable than it could be with a less extreme drop. Just my .02
33057, RE: Lowering Springs
yea i know there higher in front but my car is about that high with my gold lines and mine are supposed to be 2in drop springs. and ive seen a car on here with them and hes slammed and my buddy has tein springs and hes slammed i dont get it cant figure out what it is
33058, RE: Lowering Springs
Posted by Ebster1085, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thanks dude. The Pro Kits are supposed to drop the car about 1.2 inches. I have had them on now for around 7 years and I would say they have sagged a tiny bit. I also agree with the above. I would be more concerned with the gap in the wheel well than how high above the ground the front bumper is. In fact, you may think my front bumper is too high, but I still have trouble ALL the time clearing stuff and it scrapes a lot.
33059, RE: Lowering Springs
Posted by jdm1990, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Theres just way to much that determines ride hight. Everything from a tires sidewall profile, to condtition on the struts, and the rim size. For the most part the same spring setup on the same make of car should be damn close. Gotta keep in mind tho that some people either A)don't know exactly which kind of what brand of spring they have, so they guess and B)alot of people actually cut their lowering springs. So don't always compare your car to someone else's just because they "say" they have a certain kind of spring.

Also are you sure your buddy has just the 1.3 in drop teins? maybe he's like choice A and is wrong about what kind he has.
33081, RE: Lowering Springs
Posted by freelancefool, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Stock Ride Height:

Ignore the weird paint. We were trying some layering and it didn't work out, but I can't find the original.

Goldlines:

I bought those used off of Terry. I think they are Goldlines anyway.

Side bumper profile:

I would never go lower than that on an Eclipse/Talon. Not if I planned on driving it ever again.
33082, RE: Lowering Springs
^^^see mine dont even drop it that much at all like i have a little more then 3 finger wheel gap, im picking up some oem 2gb side skirts this weekend maybe that will change the look of the car
33083, RE: Lowering Springs
Not by much.
33117, RE: Lowering Springs
Posted by shuwa29, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
my old 2g...sprint lowering springs and a few shot with and without the front lip.

later
33118, RE: Lowering Springs
thats a nice looking 2g there. i was thinking of going Megan racing lowering springs, since ill most likely get them for a Christmas present everyone says they drop it nice and low
33119, RE: Lowering Springs
even tho they have a good drop, better hope their not bouncy haha
33120, RE: Lowering Springs
Posted by shuwa29, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by jdm1990
even tho they have a good drop, better hope their not bouncy haha

stiffer shocks :)

later
33121, RE: Lowering Springs
stiffer shocks :) later

yep thats what i was thinking
33572, RE: Lowering Springs
Posted by scorpo86, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
This is an old post but What shocks would be best for the eibach sportline springs? I'm going to use Kyb gr2s
33631, RE: Lowering Springs
Posted by jamesnmandy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by scorpo86
This is an old post but What shocks would be best for the eibach sportline springs? I'm going to use Kyb gr2s

If my research is correct KYB GR2's (which I have on my car) are essentially slightly tighter tuned versions of the stock shocks. The sportline springs go close to a 2" drop, more aggressive than the pro kit. You may get away with it but I have heard people recommend cutting the bumpstops in half before reassembling the shock/spring assembly to prevent premature bottoming out.

I installed some cheap M2 (Megan budget line) lowering coils and while it's much better than stock, I have the need to go lower myself, so I am going to put it up on the rack and cut the coil until I get what I want. My car drives maybe 10 miles each way to work and back and around town locally. It doesn't go on long trips or into unknown areas, so I am not worried about it.
33643, RE: Lowering Springs
Posted by Sorry_i_Win, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Goldline springs...

33668, RE: Lowering Springs
Posted by predsfan029, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i would go with eibach sportlines. great ride and good stance
33670, RE: Lowering Springs
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by predsfan029

No. terrible ride.
33716, RE: Lowering Springs
Posted by twelve_16, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by predsfan029

I agree i put a set of them on my car about 2 months ago and they ride pretty decent. My buddy also has them on his SS Cobalt and I haven't heard him complain. I do gotta say though i had problems with the tire rubbing on the quarter-panel wheel well but i]m assuming that's because i have Evo 8 rims.
33717, RE: Lowering Springs
Posted by BoostedEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've had both Megan Racing lowering springs and Eibach Sportlines mounted on kyb agx struts and I actually prefer the Megan Racing springs. They drop the car about 2", whereas the Eibach springs only drop it around 1.5" . That's if I remember correctly. I only had a fingers width gap between the fender and tires (225/45/17) and never remember the struts bottoming out. I had people compliment the ride quality and stance all the time.
I generated this page in 0.0096828937530518 seconds, executing 7 queries.