Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectJust a heads up on our brakes....
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=32874
32874, Just a heads up on our brakes....
Posted by John99RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Admin., please move this to the right section....don't know how I posted it here...:shrug Thanks

Just wanted to remind everyone to check something on our brake pedals. There is a little plastic piece attached to our brake pedal that turns off our brake lights when depressed. This piece broke off mine the other day, however, I was lucky enough to be at home when it did. If this comes off and you don't realize it soon enough, your brake lights will not turn off at all and your battery will die quickly after sitting for a while. I'm sure there are many who know about this, but just wanted to give others the heads up to check it. I replaced mine with a little bolt so this will never happen again.
32875, RE: Just a heads up on our brakes....
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by John99RS
Admin., please move this to the right section....don't know how I posted it here...:shrug Thanks Just wanted to remind everyone to check something on our brake pedals. There is a little plastic piece attached to our brake pedal that turns off our brake lights when depressed. This piece broke off mine the other day, however, I was lucky enough to be at home when it did. If this comes off and you don't realize it soon enough, your brake lights will not turn off at all and your battery will die quickly after sitting for a while. I'm sure there are many who know about this, but just wanted to give others the heads up to check it. I replaced mine with a little bolt so this will never happen again.

Superglued a penny on mine. No problem since.
32876, RE: Just a heads up on our brakes....
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i'd like a pic of this...
32878, RE: Just a heads up on our brakes....
Posted by azdave, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
FYI...

You'll find the same type rubber bumpers on the clutch pedal arm in two places. Missing one can keep the cruise control from engaging because the ECU thinks the clutch is depressed all the time. Missing the other is less likely but on that plunger switch it can allow the car to start even if the clutch is not depressed.
32879, RE: Just a heads up on our brakes....
Posted by whtclipse98, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Its typical on many car for that little stopper to break. I had to replace one on a nissan and my dads honda did the same thing with his brake and his clutch. Since it was a honda, it didn't allow him to crank it up when he pushed the clutch in.
32880, RE: Just a heads up on our brakes....
Posted by Fallen4ng31, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Mine broke the first week I had my 2g. Like Dino, I glued a coin to mine.
32881, RE: Just a heads up on our brakes....
i still want a pic... plzz
32882, RE: Just a heads up on our brakes....
Posted by Ebster1085, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Mikey, its just blue plastic contact pads on the pedals that contact switches. If you get under the dash and check out the pedals you cant miss them.
32883, RE: Just a heads up on our brakes....
k, ill look
32895, RE: Just a heads up on our brakes....
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DarkOne
Superglued a penny on mine. No problem since.

I love your solutions involving pennies - brake pedal fix, IAC hole block off... :p

I just superglued a penny on my buddy's TSi where the plastic plug broke off. I cannot fathom why the brake pedal contact plate would have a hole the exact diameter for the switch plunger there. Retarded.
33028, RE: Just a heads up on our brakes....
Posted by MCubed45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by CODE4
Originally posted by DarkOne Superglued a penny on mine. No problem since.
I love your solutions involving pennies - brake pedal fix, IAC hole block off... :p I just superglued a penny on my buddy's TSi where the plastic plug broke off. I cannot fathom why the brake pedal contact plate would have a hole the exact diameter for the switch plunger there. Retarded.

same with my brother's accord. it's like they designed it specifically so when the pos plastic breaks your battery will die and you'll waste time/money bringing it to a shop.

i also fixed both our cars with a penny and duct tape lol.
33008, RE: Just a heads up on our brakes....
Posted by thakid22, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Good heads up.
I generated this page in 0.0088222026824951 seconds, executing 7 queries.