Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRE: If the stock EVO brakes aren't enough for you . . .
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=31346&mesg_id=31391
31391, RE: If the stock EVO brakes aren't enough for you . . .
Posted by foggy45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 2GeclipseRS
I still think the gsx brakes are the most cost effective upgrade ever.

Originally posted by foggy45
brake fade and balance issues asside, this is intended for those going to track days. i.e SCCA solo, NASA Time attack, etc these may also be good for those into the show scene.

true the gsx are a good upgrade and cant be bet from a price stand point. however as i said this is more for the "Ohhhhh that would fit on my car" factor or those intending to track and have extra cash for these parts

Originally posted by 2GeclipseRSIf one was worried about the brake bias using an older evo setup, why not install an adjustable proportioning valve or modify the stock valve.

if you use the whole evo 8 set then you wouldnt have to worry about bias as they would be awfully close to balanced as is.
however if you just add a large front caliper and stock rears you will have bias issues and WILL need a proporting valve (or bias bar, but if you used that you would have dual masters anyway and would be dumb for only buying the fronts and tracking this)
the problem with the adjustments would be the large difference between front and back caliper forces and since you NEVER want to drop the pressure to the fronts you will most likley end up with some crazy issues if you tried to X-cross with a set up like that

I generated this page in 0.0076310634613037 seconds, executing 6 queries.