Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectSTRUT BARS..........are they worth it?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=2557
2557, STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?
Posted by mrnic001, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm considering buying front and read strut bars for my ride. Do they make that much differance? I race once in a while but just on street and freeways....nothing serious. Would this be a good investment? Please advise.

Full Flow Master exhaust, clear bumper lights, Altezza taillights with modified center, tinted windows, eibach lowered springs, chrome rims, Perilli P7000,a Pioneer system(cd head unit, 2x 10" subs, amp, mids, highs, 12 disc cd changer), Blue headlight bulbs, fog light mod with running lights, Full cold air in-take, clear side markers...ect
2558, RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?
Posted by Lee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Get'em! They won't really do much for straight line racing, but they're definately worth it.

Lee
http://www.geocities.com/turbo99gs

Speed Kills!
If you want to live forever buy a Honda!
2559, RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?
Posted by Junoon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the thicker the better.. lol :P

ENKEI RP02 17" x 7"
AF/X UDP (still have to install:))
K&N Filter
springs/coilovers (still searchin' :D)

Junoon
97-RS
automotive/industrial design student :-)
Michigan
2560, RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?
now you guyz have some dirty minds..

ENKEI RP02 17" x 7"
K&N Filter

Junoon
97-RS
Michigan
2561, RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?
Posted by taloned_dog, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>the thicker the better.. lol :P

lol thats what she said

most people look at art...we drive it!!!

97 Talon ESI N/T
total stock "not for long"

2562, RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?
Posted by teatinger, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
check out these custom jobs, granted they are on a 1 gen, but shit!! if i remember right, owner said the car was so firm, if car was jacked up high enough on one corner, the othe tire on the same side would begin to lift of the ground!!! thats gotta be fun to drive.

thomas
2563, RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?
Posted by 2GNT Niclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Heres a story that happened today...

I was on i-95 and I see this red 80's ferrari coming up on me, I floor it and the ferrari passes me with ease as expected. He saw I was trying. He got stuck up in traffic and I was making every move he was in traffic. Turns out, he's getting off on the same exit as me which is a very curvatious one. People have been known to go too fast and flip over into the grass.

Anyway, he mashes the pedal and Im right behind him and we do this exit going 67mph .... and I mean it's a scary turn going hat fast. He never expected me to be right on his ass wanting to press more pedal. Anyway, i spooked him out and he stopped at the red light for 2 seconds and then went throught the red arrow. Hemust have thought I had road rage.

Anyway the point of the story is, i may not be fast at all, but I can keep up with an 80's ferrari on an off-ramp.

I have a front tower strut, 2-1/2" drop, 17" wheels, macpherson struts, and 45 series tires.
2564, RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?
Posted by Michael_97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Oh hell yes get them!!! I have three with the forth on the way. With these and my 215s she handles outstanding now, I can't wait to finish all my suspension upgrades.

BTW nice wheel man!

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather Filters, AFX UDP, 55mm TB, GS-T Muffler, FU/RU/RL STBs, Front NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., Red Silicone Hose Kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Intake manifold 4 porting, Rear Motor Mount Ins. RRE FL Tie Bar(Well Almost), Slver Cadmium Plated KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads (Well Almost)
2565, RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?
Thanks for your replies. I did purchase a set for 65 bucks. And dont worry they are "thick"..........lol

"LIVE LIKE IT'S YOUR LAST DAY AND DRIVE LIKE YOU STOLE IT"

Full Flow Master exhaust, indiglo gauges, blue interior lights, led brake light bulbs, clear bumper lights, Altezza taillights with modified center, tinted windows, eibach lowered springs, chrome rims, Perilli P7000,a Pioneer system(cd head unit, 2x 10" subs, amp, mids, highs, 12 disc cd changer), Blue headlight bulbs, fog light mod with running lights, Full cold air in-take, clear side markers...ect
2566, RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?
Posted by madregal, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i have the RRE bar... but i would like to have something for the rears and the upper fronts (pilot is good i heard..yay or nay?)

does anybody know of a shop in so cali that could fabricate those custom anti-sway bars like in the picture? that would definitely get the job done. some of the bars i have seen are "all show"

Marc
'98 GS AT
Magenta Gray Pearl
NGK Plugs and Wires
AEM Short Stack
GS-T Exhaust
Bored throttle body
Bored Intake manifold
AFX underdrive pulley
RRE Front Lower Bar
2567, RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?
wow.. i like to do custom stuff...

to make it myself list:

sheet metal throttle body.
front and rear upper strut bars. (how about painting it black?)
some ground effects.

anyone wanna help me out?? ..lol :)

ENKEI RP02 17" x 7"
K&N Filter

Junoon
97-RS
Michigan
2568, RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?
Posted by teatinger, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
as far as the custom bars go, i will see the guy saturday. i know he said he may start making them for 1gens. ill see if hes interested in making some for our cars. maybe he can use my car as a test car for some of those bars.....i hope!

thomas
2569, RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?
I can't make them but I can sure draw blue prints for them. Maybe I'll take some time and make some measurements on mine and have someone make them. Any idea who can fab real good?

"LIVE LIKE IT'S YOUR LAST DAY AND DRIVE LIKE YOU STOLE IT"

Full Flow Master exhaust, indiglo gauges, blue interior lights, led brake light bulbs, clear bumper lights, Altezza taillights with modified center, tinted windows, eibach lowered springs, chrome rims, Perilli P7000,a Pioneer system(cd head unit, 2x 10" subs, amp, mids, highs, 12 disc cd changer), Blue headlight bulbs, fog light mod with running lights, Full cold air in-take, clear side markers, front & rear strut bars..........ect
29677, RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?
Posted by skylinemyth, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by teatinger
as far as the custom bars go, i will see the guy saturday. i know he said he may start making them for 1gens. ill see if hes interested in making some for our cars. maybe he can use my car as a test car for some of those bars.....i hope! thomas

That's awsome...........let me know what happens
29678, RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
this thread is from 2001. no one posting in this thread is going to update you.
I generated this page in 0.010607004165649 seconds, executing 7 queries.