Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectHELP... HELP question about installing shocks &springs!!!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=22820
22820, HELP... HELP question about installing shocks &springs!!!
Posted by nightwolf2369, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
please answer if you know i need to know in a few hours, anyways today i got my tokico shocks and springs combo, my friend started to install them and got the driver's side rear done, but he can't tighten the bolt for the strut in the trunk. my friend said that they should have come with new bolts, but i can't find them. so i am driving around with one side in the back with the new stuff it is is squeaking like crazy cux it is not tighten. we tried an air gun but it didn't tighten. we are going to try another air gun tomorrow but i don't know. will this fuck anything up? do i need new bolts? thanx guys, sorry it was so long.
22824, RE: HELP... HELP question about installing shocks &springs!!!
Posted by Doug96GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Wait, do you mean that you can't tighten the nut on top of the strut tower? Or you turn it and it just keeps turning? You're supposed to tighten that bad boy down before you even install it.
22826, RE: HELP... HELP question about installing shocks &springs!!!
Posted by WickedESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Umm yeah.

If you just turn the top nut the strut shaft will spin with it, you have to hold the strut rod still w/ a wrench on the nut underneith the hat. (DON'T USE ANY OTHER METHOD TO HOLD THE ROD, scratches in it will tear the seal, blow your shock, and that specifically voids your warranty).

Another thing, don't use an air wrench, just hand tighten it gently (to only like 15 ft/lbs) unless you feel like buying another one.
22842, RE: HELP... HELP question about installing shocks &springs!!!
Posted by Pushin420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That spinning thing happened to me in my Teg I picked up the car and the guy at the shop said he can't do nothing to make it stop. So I drove the car like that, till my girl hit a tree the next week. She feel asleep driving not from the suspension setup.

Obviously the guy at the shop didn't know how to install but what could I have done....Fuck it!

Make sure you do your suspension right man, you can afford to have an accident and have it be the reason, and fault of yours...That would suck!
I generated this page in 0.0079829692840576 seconds, executing 7 queries.