Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectCoilover quality
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=2085
2085, Coilover quality
Posted by Dame_Flamez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What's the REAL difference between coilovers that cost $149 and the one's that cost $449?? Is there really a $300 difference? Isn't it all basically the same?

Thanks
Damien
2086, RE: Coilover quality
Posted by HadesOmega, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I don't really know but Skunk2s are awesome! I heard WeaponR sux ass.

95 Mitsu Eclipse RS
AFX Pulley | Performance Muffler | Cold Air Intake | KYB AGX Shox | Skunk2 Coilovers | FU, RU, RL, and RRE FL Tie/Strut Bars | RS to TSi Rear Disc Mod | RS to TSi upgraded F&R Sway Bar | and 1 HiGhLy SkIlLeD DrIvEr! |
2087, RE: Coilover quality
Posted by cyan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
heres how it breaks down...all the cheap coilovers suck except the maxspeeds. just know this and remember it! (i sold my maxspeeds to brandon (phatGS) cause they werent low enough and got the focuz RS2's. well they mount to the strut with allen screws, however fucking stupid that is, the rear screws got stripped and one broke off on each side, so i swapped in cut tenzo springs for a slightly lower drop. then just today i got done removing the "helper" springs from the front focuz coilovers because they are noisy, suck ass, and do nothing, so i got another bit of drop, tucking a good bit of tire in front now, god knows how low i actually am now, but its nice. i also installed the front camber kit today finally...too bad i can look at my car from the front and see toe-out on both front wheels...time for an alignment.
dont get the focuz, they are actually more than the maxspeeds. the arospeeds attach the same way as the focuz (at least the accord arospeeds do)
go with GC, skunk, or maxspeed

http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

2088, RE: Coilover quality
Posted by phatGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah, I'm happy with the maxspeeds (thanks cyan), the back could go a bit lower to even out with my front, but it does look killer compared to stock...no doubt about that (all 4 are all the way down). I'm thinking about raising the front a bit to even it out and prolong my bumper's lifespan.

Brandon
AIM: DSMitsu95
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM CAI w/ bypass
Maxspeed Coilovers
Pilot FU STB
2 12" Pioneer IMPP's
Best ET: 17.243 @ 80.67 mph
2089, RE: Coilover quality
Posted by trickedeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you're absolutely right, lindsay, the arospeeds bite my ass. don't get the cheap ones. my allen head screws stripped too. i have a friend who has weapon r's, and he says he likes them. ($199) i don't know about that, but i do know that my next set will be skunk 2's or ground control.

1996 Talon EsiNOS - Eclipse rear end

I generated this page in 0.0078370571136475 seconds, executing 7 queries.