Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectNeed help put on my prokits and something is fu@cked up
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=18394
18394, Need help put on my prokits and something is fu@cked up
Posted by daltah, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I put the eibach prokits on the back of my car today and soon as i was done pulled out of the driveway and went down the street and i hear a clunking noise in the back coming from the struts so i go back home and took off the plastic cover and rubber cap on top of the struts and the struts were shot up.I took it apart on one side and the struts arent blown and everything was put back together the same way and it still did it again.Does anyone know why its doing this and how i can fix it?I put my coilovers on before and never had this problem.
18395, RE: Need help put on my prokits and something is fu@cked up
Posted by invaznGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
if you're using stock struts..they usually blow when you put springs on..dunno how long it takes though..varies..
18396, RE: Need help put on my prokits and something is fu@cked up
Posted by 2g99RSNC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
make sure u got all the rubber washer type things in
it should go in this order bump stop, cover piece that goes over bump stop,rubber washer,rubber piece that goes on spring,top plate, rubber washer with metal sleeve going through it,metal washer with a nut on top of that. Sorry dont know all the technical names but i accidently left out one of the rubber washers on the bottom and it made the same poping noise.
18399, RE: Need help put on my prokits and something is fu@cked up
they are not stock struts and this is the order how everything is on my car.bumpstop,rubber bushing with a metal sleeve inside of it,and then the verytop when the strut and spring is in is another rubber bushing and a metal washer and then the bolt.Oh and of course the rubber ring(bushing thing)that goes directly on top of the spring.So is anything missing because thats exactly what i had when the coilovers were on and it was fine.If you have any pics of all the piece in order that would be awesome
18400, RE: Need help put on my prokits and something is fu@cked up
Posted by mitsuman297, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i don't mean to hijack the thread but how in the hell did you get that bolt off? I can't get it off for the life of me. Thanx
18401, RE: Need help put on my prokits and something is fu@cked up
get a wrench and hold the top of the strut from spining and use another wrench to get of the bolt."And know back to my question"....
18408, RE: Need help put on my prokits and something is fu@cked up
Posted by mrlocalpimp, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I had the same prob yo'. I didnt put these back on right. I know you say you did, but are you sure... In order for the strut's rod thing to sit there it has to be stopped from going down and from going up. If its not stopped then the rod doesnt compress/uncompress, instead it just moves with the bouncing of the car, staying uncompressed the whole time...

I had to just make my own contraption with washers and things. Took a few days to get it perfect.
I generated this page in 0.0094928741455078 seconds, executing 7 queries.