Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectcant find a front camber kit that works with my car...wtf??
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=15436
15436, cant find a front camber kit that works with my car...wtf??
Posted by EcLIpsInEmCEe7, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ive taken my car to my mechanic to get the front camber fixed but the two kits they tried would not work because they were hittin the top of the strut tower and makin a fat clunkin noise whenever i hit a sppedbump or whatnot. they tried ingalls and suspension specialties(?) and they didnt work. what gives? my front camber is off -2.5 degrees on both sides. anyone know of any other camber kits? im on suspension technique springs and illuminas. bout 2" drop in the front if that helps. thanx.
15441, RE: cant find a front camber kit that works with my car...wtf??
Posted by Dirty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That same shit is happening to me right now. I have the Specialty Products kit now and I just ordered the Ingall's kit 10 min. ago. I hope I didn't just waste another $150. This fucking sucks! Although now I know I'm not the only one.

What degree kits did they try?
I have H&R Sports with Tokico Blues. Anybody out there with the same setup as us please help us out.
15442, RE: cant find a front camber kit that works with my car...wtf??
Posted by shuwa29, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i'm on sprint springs about 2-2.25 inch drop with stock struts and 18's and when i get my car alligned, i always check the camber they guys always tell me and shows me the chart showing that mine is within specs. positive tow will make up for negative camber and b/c of that, i'm a lucky bastard. i have a sprint front camber kit that i almost sold to dirty. i think he still knows what they look like so if anybody needs a front camber kit, let me know.
here is what i have:

later
15445, RE: cant find a front camber kit that works with my car...wtf??
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
damn, your camber is out -2.5 in the front? Thats a lot for a 2" front drop. I also have the H&R sports springs, which lowerd me about 2" in the front. I got the ingalls front camber kits that correct from +1.25- 3 degrees. I have them set at +1.25, their most negative setting, and my front camber specs are almost perfectly in spec. If you move the camber kits outward any more positive, you run the risk of the upper control arm hitting the inner fenderwell. Luckily, my camber is perfect with them set at +1.25 setting.
15448, RE: cant find a front camber kit that works with my car...wtf??
Posted by EcLIpsInEmCEe7, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>If you move the camber kits outward any more positive, you run the risk of the upper control arm hitting the >inner fenderwell. Luckily, my camber is perfect with them set at +1.25 setting.

thats what i was tryin to say but didnt know how. when they had the ingalls on, the put the camber to zero. would not puttin it at that setting help? like havin it 1.25 like yours??
I generated this page in 0.0094540119171143 seconds, executing 7 queries.