Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectEbiach Camber kits
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=15234
15234, Ebiach Camber kits
Posted by techboy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm thinking about dropping my car in the next month or so. I was on Tirerack.com the other night and there selling a front and rear camber kit from Ebiach for 93 bucks each. Anyone have these and like them?? They also are selling the ProKits for 250. I never looked at this stuff before, is that a decent price? Where are you guys getting them? I'm curious about the Tokio Blues as well
- what do they go for? TIA

In order:
Mirror Tint|Grillcraft grill|SprilMax|GST Exhaust|Front/Rear strut bars|EBC brakes|Brembo Crossdrill/slotted rotors|AEM CAI|NGK Plugs|Magnecor Wires|K
15298, RE: Ebiach Camber kits
Posted by Luzahan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm currently looking into new suspension parts also and most of the places I've looked the ProKits $253.
15301, RE: Ebiach Camber kits
There are a couple guys selling some Ebay, but nobody that really has tons of feedback or anything that I really trust. The best price I have seen so far is 248, but I've only looked at like 4 places.

Bump guys - I still wanna know what you think of the Eibach camber kits. I'm only doing this one time and I want to do it right, as with everything I do on my car. I do it right the first time - money is no object.
15308, RE: Ebiach Camber kits
Posted by randy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Check out RRE for the prokit $215+ shipping. Also, don't get the eibach camber kits its made by SPECIALTY PRODUCTS they just put thier name on the package. I made a mistake of ordering the camber kits a year ago.
15322, RE: Ebiach Camber kits
Randy,

So what's the problem with the Eibach (Speciality) camber kits??
15326, RE: Ebiach Camber kits
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
As for the Eibach front camber kits, don't get those. They come with press in control arm bushings, which you can't do by yourself, you need a hydrolic press. I have the Ingalls front camber kits, and have no complaints. Go in really easy also.
15331, RE: Ebiach Camber kits
Great Xtreme RS - now where can I get the ingalls and what do they go for? Do they have a rear kit as well? Would it matter if I went with the Eibach cambers if I was planning on having a mechanic install the camber kits? (I'll do the suspension myself, but I know you have them aligned anyway afterward, so I just thought I'd have the shop do it) Opinions.

WTB: 1/30/03 - Rods/Pistons/Rings
Going Hahn Stg II this summer.
15334, RE: Ebiach Camber kits
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>Great Xtreme RS - now where can I get the ingalls and what do
>they go for? Do they have a rear kit as well?
I got mine front kits from here: http://www.gmpperformance.com/products/suspension/camber/mitsubishi.htm They also make a rear kit, which you can get if you dont want to do the 15 dollar camber mod with normal washers and longer bolts. Be aware on that website, that they list the price for EACH WHEEL, so you will need two part #'s for both the front, and two parts for the rear.

Would it
>matter if I went with the Eibach cambers if I was planning on
>having a mechanic install the camber kits? (I'll do the
>suspension myself, but I know you have them aligned anyway
>afterward, so I just thought I'd have the shop do it)
>Opinions.

Yeah, you can have the shop do it, but it will prob cost you some good money. If you get the Ingalls kits, then they are really easy to put in. If you can put the springs in yourself, then the camber kits are a cakewalk.
>
>
15353, RE: Ebiach Camber kits
Posted by John99RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah, don't get the Eibach(Specialty products) kit! I had that kit for about a year and the lube dries fast and the bushings make all kinds of noise....not to mention, wear away with time. I just changed them over to the ingalls kit and all is well. Also, like XtremeRS mentioned, it's a bitch to get the stock bushings out (Hammer and a large socket..hehe) to install the Eibach kit....the ingalls kit replaces all the stock stuff.
15354, RE: Ebiach Camber kits
Posted by mbenz910, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I am looking at camber kits right now too and I came across this. It only comes out to a few bucks cheaper than gmp, but hey a few bucks is a few bucks. http://groupbuycenter.com/buy.aspx?id=8499
15365, RE: Ebiach Camber kits
Posted by Attrayant, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If I get a Ingalls front camber kit, which one should I get?? They list abunch on GMP, I'm on eibach sportlines with about a 2" drop.
15368, RE: Ebiach Camber kits
I believe I did a search on this before and someone said go with the poly. I think the rubber starts to sqeak over time. It looks to me if you have the money the brass are the best though.

15367, RE: Ebiach Camber kits
Thanks Xtreme RS. I guess I'll be going with the ingalls. Gosh I love this board. Anyway, points for you Xtreme - I believe you have helped me in the past as well. Later.

15375, RE: Ebiach Camber kits
whats a good range of adjustment to get?
15387, RE: Ebiach Camber kits
Posted by John99RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I personally wouldn't get anything more than a +1 degree because you will have clearance issues with the upper control arms. I have mine out +1 degree on both sides to correct my negative camber in the front and the control arms just clear the inside fender well. The other kit I had was out +3/4 of a degree and it was fine then also....tires never wore unevenly.
15388, RE: Ebiach Camber kits
Yeah, I had gotten the extreme sprint kit and the shop I had taken it to thought I had gotten the wrong kit because they were afraid it would hit the fender well. Thanks for the advice.
15467, RE: Ebiach Camber kits
Ok, so I'm just about set ... I got my Tokico blues, Eibach prokits on the way. All I have to do is order my ingalls camber kits in a pay check and hope for some warmer weather and I'll be dropped! Who-ho.:thumbsup
I generated this page in 0.012079000473022 seconds, executing 7 queries.