Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectBest places to buy some (NEW) Koni Yellows?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=13437
13437, Best places to buy some (NEW) Koni Yellows?
Posted by J, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well, I'm finally ready 2 get some Koni Yellows... I've been looking around & am C'ing them @ ~$500 and up. Any1 here have some good recommendations on where 2 get some?

I've got a FWD "RS" & will B pairing them w/ some Shunk2 Coilovers.
Anything comments, opinions, quirks, or stupid little facts I should mayB know about B4 getting/using them? =D

Thanx!,
- J

Not 2 much: AFX UDP, 3rd Gen RX-7 16x8 w/ Bridgestone S-02, Front Tower Strut Bar

Coming soon... Shunk2 Coilovers & Hopefully some Koni Yellows!

13438, RE: Best places to buy some (NEW) Koni Yellows?
Posted by ez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
everyone seems to like shox.com
13439, RE: Best places to buy some (NEW) Koni Yellows?
Thanx 4 the tip, they've quoted $542... pretty good =)

- J

Not 2 much: AFX UDP, 3rd Gen RX-7 16x8 w/ Bridgestone S-02, Front Tower Strut Bar

13440, RE: Best places to buy some (NEW) Koni Yellows?
Posted by jdpilot, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I thought the special orderr ground controls were the only coilovers that worked with yellers due to the shox lack of a perch. They have a lip instead.
13441, RE: Best places to buy some (NEW) Koni Yellows?
Posted by mcgyvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ive got maxspeeds and konis and had no problems, the maxspeeds come with adapter rings that fit right over the koni perch lip

But ground controls are the best
13442, RE: Best places to buy some (NEW) Koni Yellows?
Shunk2 Coilovers require shocks/struts w/out perches... that's Y I'm looking 4 the Koni Yellows, the best w/ no perch ;)

- J

13443, RE: Best places to buy some (NEW) Koni Yellows?
Posted by MotoFool, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
how much u gonna pay for the coilovers and shocks u might wanna look into a true coilover setup for better performance and ride , granted they are expensive though check out what rre has they got some nice shocks their =)

but if your budget isn't that high go for the konis shoot me a pm i might have a deal for u on the konis and skunks if u havent purchased them yet

13444, RE: Best places to buy some (NEW) Koni Yellows?
I've had the Shunk2 Coilovers 4 quite some time, got all 4 for $130 if I remember right (used)... Got some brand X front strut tower bar 4 like $30 & an Ingalls Rear Camber kit for $40.

Right now, the best price I've found on the Koni Yellows is just under $500 (like 499 or something), although I lost the link (was some time ago). Runner up is @ Shox.com for $543.20.

While I agree w/ U about getting some "true" coilovers, my wallet wouldn't appreciate it ;) U're right in that ~$675 (543 + 130) is alot 2 put in2 a suspension, but I'd like 2 think I'm making some decent tradeoffs. They cost a buttload.

If U or some1 U know has some (NEW) Koni Yellows cheaper than 543 (includes shipping), I'm definately open 2 that. I've known about RRE & the various competing shocks/struts, but will stick w/ the Konis.

Thanx,
- J

Coming Soon: Shunk 2 Coilovers, Koni Yellows, Ingalls Camber Kit
I generated this page in 0.0084729194641113 seconds, executing 7 queries.