Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRE: 17x7 225/45/17?????
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=27927&mesg_id=27978
27978, RE: 17x7 225/45/17?????
Posted by CarbonFiberRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by RxR_Eclipse
I use that same tire size, and I can say for a fact that the car is much better on the road with the wider tires. The turn in is a huge improvement. Of course I road race/autox my car regularly. If your just a daily driver and never race the car, then just go with the 215's. FYI I have sprint sport springs and had to roll the rear and I only have a 1.5" drop. No problems up front though. buhaahhaa, I was just thinking how how much wheelspin I would have if I had less than a 225...jesus it would be funny. Its bad enough I can break loose 225's on the road course at over 50 mph...got to love boost and megasquirt.

I am glad to hear someone with experience with this setup make a post. I was worried cause i keep seeing posts about how 225's on 7" wheels was stupid and i'd have less traction. but those people probably never used this setup so that just goes to show ya... (I drove about 2 miles on mine before I pulled the motor so i have no idea personally)

EDIT: I also remember somebody saying the turn in would be alot worse... lol
I generated this page in 0.012332201004028 seconds, executing 6 queries.