Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectRE: Can't get crank signal ms2/extra
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=4984&mesg_id=4991
4991, RE: Can't get crank signal ms2/extra
Posted by itsaslow95, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Alright, today we (my father and I) have torn into the ms unit, and the mega manual. looking at notes we used when building it. This is confusing us, I remember looking at the forums when building this and found one about the build so i followed it, does it make sense to any of yous?

for the tach input circuit we :
Jumpered XG1 to XG2
Jumpered OptoIN to TACHSELECT
Jumpered OptoOUT to VrIN
Jumpered VrOUTinv to TSEL

this is really making no sense to us. When i think back about it, i believe somebody said it reduces noise in the circuit but in all honesty I do not recall.

I am skeptical to believe that this is the issue because before the ECU was flashed to the 420a/Neon setup i was getting a tach signal off the stim. so i feel like at one point in time it worked properly this way, but i'm not sure.

Also i am still not getting anything on my factory tach. possibly because i have no other sensors hooked up? The only sensors that are hooked into the factory ECU are the CKP and it IAC motor. in hopes of having a tach circuit to run my mini tach and shift light off of, and having the factory ECU control the IAC... but as i am typing this i don't think that this will work because i have no input of ECT to the factory ECU... but i will cross that bridge when i come to it.

i'm sorry it's a lot, and i appreciate anything anyone can do to help, THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO HAVE RESPONDED TO THIS POINT!!

as far as modding the stim, yes i did realize last night that it can not be done. but thank you for the heads up on it either way.

Hopefully I can fire this thing up sometime this week!

Thanks all,
Jason
I generated this page in 0.0070581436157227 seconds, executing 6 queries.