Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectRE: General Questions
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=3049&mesg_id=3067
3067, RE: General Questions
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah i dont mean you have to keep it at 3k or anything hehe..I usually keep it around 1500 or slightly lower for like 30 seconds, and it then stays running. My warmum enrichments are pretty rich at first start up, usually in the high 11's to low 12's, which helps keep it running when cold as well.

For the IAT issue, only some have noticed the problem, but there a several threads at msefi about it, much of with some of my findings as well(i'm md95 on the forums). I suffered from a lean start and running condition on a "hot" start. The IAT sensor gets heat soaked a bit on a hot, non running engine, and that makes the IAT read much higher temps. Well the code as i saw it, was too agressive with pulling out too much fuel as the IAT went higher and higher, giving lean conditions at idle right after a hot start. This was easily detectable by running closed loop idle off of the wideband, and viewing the o2 correction percetage. As IAT went up, so did the o2 correction with adding fuel. IAT went down, o2 correction came back to within the tuned +/- 5%. The table you can tune in basically adjusts for IAT vs a fueling correction factor. Keith at msefi has updated how this feature works, i have not tried it yet though. I currently run the "HI-res" code, 08d version, and it works well. All i did to tune it, was to look at the IAT temps at a hot start, then adjust the special table to get my o2 correction back in line. Then guestimate for lower temps to create your new correction curve. I did pretty good with my numbers, and even on the hotest restart, it wont run lean anymore..Like i said though, only get into this when you have everything else worked out.
I generated this page in 0.0074698925018311 seconds, executing 6 queries.