Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectMS advantage over EIC
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=236&mesg_id=249
249, MS advantage over EIC
Posted by JasonESi_T, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
One point to add about MS advatages over any AIC or EIC that's so important but perhaps not as obvious. If an injector ever fails in a MS or a stock 4 injector setup, you merely have no fuel in that cylinder and therefore no danger of detonation or preignition (ala knock). However, one thing that always concerned me about my EIC setup is that if I ever had an injector fail me, and I was in some heavy boost, I might not know before it's too late. That cylinder would run dry with the failing injector, but I'd get just enough fuel to create big problems with knock and resulting cylinder/piston damage. If an injector fails, in a 4 injector setup, you're only looking at a quasi-fuel cut, which is although not fun, it's not engine damaging.

Other obvious advantages include cost savings, ease of installation, timing control, more precise fueling, no difficulties with fuel atmoziation or fuel transition from primaries to secondaries...etc.

REally, let's not even get into which setup is better really. A full standalone is always going to be better. And since the cost is so relative with the MS, it makes the decision so much simpler.
I generated this page in 0.0097761154174805 seconds, executing 6 queries.