Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectOK, This might give hints on why this is happening! Help.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=2246&mesg_id=2309
2309, OK, This might give hints on why this is happening! Help.
Posted by gilee_8, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sup XtremeRS and others,

As I said, I did XtremeRS' complete step by steps (listed above) over again. download the 029q2 firmware to my MS using all methods already, and the last time is using the EasyTherm. Then I also got Megatune 2.25 installed with MTconfig.
I also manually copied over the ini, and went into config to setup all the ini, and setup stuff. (as to step by step of what XtremeRS listed above)

Then Again, as disappointed, I execute the Megatune 2.25, set the correct com port, and stuff, and as before, it will say the controller code is not matching, and shit like that.. basically what I said above again...

Now, to what I have to say in this post. In my most frastruated and hopeless time, I go back and download MT2.20, 2.16, and 2.14. I try each of them as I go further back to older Megatune verison, and VOLA... again, with only 2.14, it works like a charm again. But without me setting up anything. I didn't go into MTconfig into CODE Variant and change MSNS-extra back to MS-I, or did I activate other ini. Anything and everything that I setup when I setup for MT2.25 stayed. I just downloaded MT2.14, go into Megatune, change the Com port to com2, and WOW, it works instantly!! (so exactly what firmware I have in my MS-I chip right now???)

So how come from all the downloads of 029q2 firmware and do this and that, and it still works with 2.14, and but cannot get my MS to work with the newest 2.25 Megatune. Is there any known comptability issues?

Any idea?
If it works fine with 2.14, do you think my MS is hardwarely not right or broken?
Thanks guys.

Any sugguestions will be greatful!
Thanks
Gilbert
I generated this page in 0.0079348087310791 seconds, executing 6 queries.