Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectUninstalling SAFC II from 99 eclipse rs
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=1727
1727, Uninstalling SAFC II from 99 eclipse rs
Posted by evotunedscc, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I didn't install my SAFC but here recently I've decided I'm tired of having other people do my work for me so I'm trying to take care of my problems myself. I need a little help tho, I've pulled the electrical tape from the wires but I'm stuck on what to do, can someone guide me through it? I have some pics, not sure if they'll be of any help.
<br> <br>

1728, RE: Uninstalling SAFC II from 99 eclipse rs
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well as you can see most of the SAFC wires are just tapped into the factory wires. those can be unsoldered or cut in the clear and the factory wires can be taped up. 2 wires from the SAFC when spliced actually cut the Map signal wire. These two wires need to be cut away from the SAFC and spliced back together.

That should complete the removal of the Harness splicing.

Terry
1733, RE: Uninstalling SAFC II from 99 eclipse rs
Posted by ner947, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Well as you can see most of the SAFC wires are just tapped into the factory wires. those can be unsoldered or cut in the clear and the factory wires can be taped up. 2 wires from the SAFC when spliced actually cut the Map signal wire. These two wires need to be cut away from the SAFC and spliced back together. That should complete the removal of the Harness splicing. Terry

If the SAFC was installed correctly you don't have to cut or solder anything to disable it, there are connectors included with the system that allow the user to un-bypass the MAP sensor output.
I generated this page in 0.011132001876831 seconds, executing 7 queries.