Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectRE: Attention Mr. Slick: Megasquirt Questions
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=138&mesg_id=144
144, RE: Attention Mr. Slick: Megasquirt Questions
Posted by ForceFed420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Excellent, thanks man :thumbsup

I'm still trying to get why you wouldn't want to just have injectors 1 fire, then 3 fire, then 4 fire then 2 fire (i know MS doesn't do sequential, but batch them so it does that)

In a quest for understanding,:scratch I wrote out the firing order, and then underneath it the injectors that would be firing (assuming the MS fires the injectors every time there is an ignition event).
From your explanation, are you saying that having 1+3 and 2+4 firing like, that gives some time for the fuel to vaporize once it hits the intake valve? Thus when the time comes, the valve opens, and better vaporized fuel goes in as opposed to just shooting it when the valve opens?
I know our ignition system is a batch system, is our stock fuel batch as well? Do you know if it runs 1+3 and 2+4 together?

I'm not doubting you however, you're the one with the running car!! I'm planning on hooking up the way you told me. Thanks for your time to help me understand.

Can I just PM you with my specs and get that table?

Thanks again

Brian
I generated this page in 0.0086870193481445 seconds, executing 6 queries.