Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectRE: Up and running!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=1&mesg_id=386
386, RE: Up and running!
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I think i got it figured out, really simple actually but i need to view a wiring schematic. Anyone have one i can see online, i am in college station texas and dont have my mitchell on demand with me.

Dino any help here

EDIT: Ok the alt in our cars is a 3 wire which is not to be confused with GM style 3 wire which are very different. one wire is the Alt output, the large pos cable that goes to the battery. the plug on the side which goes to the regulator is 2 wires. one wire goes to the ASD relay as a voltage sensing wire. the second wire is to the ECU which sends a ground to complete the field coil in the regulator to complete the circuit. the Regulaor should do all the switching on and off of the voltage output. SO all that we should need to do is ground the wire going to the ecu and let the regulator do it s job. once the ECU is powered on the wire from the ECU shoulds have a constant ground.

Now 3 wire gm alternators have one wire as a voltage sensing wire and the other is for an idiot light.

Terry
I generated this page in 0.0093891620635986 seconds, executing 6 queries.