Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectHORRIBLE cold start
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=2680&mesg_id=2693
2693, HORRIBLE cold start
Posted by BlackMagic, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
This morning the car would not even start, the coolant temp was a little less than 40 degrees. I'm assuming it's not getting enough fuel. From fully cold it takes about 10 cranks to get it started usually but today it just wouldn't go. Someone take a look at my settings and tell me if you did something differently or if something is way off. Sometimes it will crank and start to go to maybe 2000 and immediately die off, sometimes it won't even start up with the crank, other times it might only catch and hop up to 400 or 500 rpms, so I'm guessing there is something wrong with the cranking settings and the ASE settings. And I tried having my foot flat on the floor as well. I've searched through here and tried a couple things xtremers said about richening up the values of ASE to over 100% and if that didn't work using a fixed MAP with my idle MAP value.

I'm using low-z 780cc injectors

Here are some screen shots

Cranking settings

Normal ASE settings

Fixed MAP ASE settings

Someone please tell me I just accidently did something horribly wrong. Besides this starting issue the car runs perfectly fine.
I generated this page in 0.0079350471496582 seconds, executing 6 queries.