Go back to previous topic
Forum name2GNT Site/Forum Questions
Topic subjectJust a suggestion for better helping...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=53&topic_id=907
907, Just a suggestion for better helping...
Posted by totaleclipse_05, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well I was doing some searching on some topics and I found it kinda annoying when I read the whole post and then don't know if it relates to my year car or not.

I was just thinking, maybe we can have a spot by our names that has our year and trim level of car. I also find many people ask what year cars the OP has and it could just be easier to have the year of it on the page already. You know, by the name, date became a member, etc.

Just a thought, I don't know if this is feasible.
908, RE: Just a suggestion for better helping...
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
EDIT:
I see you have this info in your sig. Perhaps you should mention to those people who don't have the info in their sig or profile to update one, the other, or both? Seems to me this would be the easiest route.

I'm not thinking Dino is going to be up for that kind of hacking. ;)

Thanks for the input, though. It is appreciated.
909, RE: Just a suggestion for better helping...
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
There is very little year-model specific information. 95's are a little different. That's about it.
910, RE: Just a suggestion for better helping...
Posted by cc8balla, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Maybe make it a rule that car should be in the sig? That's a good place to put it, and sometimes it does help.

I'm not going against you in any way Dino, just thinking aloud.
911, RE: Just a suggestion for better helping...
Originally posted by cc8balla
Maybe make it a rule that car should be in the sig? That's a good place to put it, and sometimes it does help. I'm not going against you in any way Dino, just thinking aloud.

Oh that's it, man. Dino is going home to put on his Domokun costume. Then it's all over for your newbie ways. :order
912, RE: Just a suggestion for better helping...
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by cc8balla
Maybe make it a rule that car should be in the sig? That's a good place to put it, and sometimes it does help. I'm not going against you in any way Dino, just thinking aloud.

It's hard to enforce something like that. It'd make a good suggestion, but eh.
935, RE: Just a suggestion for better helping...
Posted by totaleclipse_05, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Man I forgot all about this thread haha. It's ok for shooting it down. I was just thinking it could be helpful. I know tooners has something like it and found it kind of nice to know right away what year, nt or turbo, etc the owner has.
936, RE: Just a suggestion for better helping...
What you should do, since I can mention it now, is get into the wiki and put up your own profile page. It's under community > members. You should be able to figure it out from that point. If you want a stadardized form, there is one on the moderator page under community that you can base your profile on. Then, once you've set up your page, just link that in your sig.

I like to think that, eventually, more people will start doing this. In fact, I think I'll put mine up like that later this morning.

I generated this page in 0.0079348087310791 seconds, executing 7 queries.