Go back to previous topic
Forum name2GNT Site/Forum Questions
Topic subject2.4 L subforum in advanced section
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=53&topic_id=599
599, 2.4 L subforum in advanced section
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
This has been brought up to me by a couple members and would make searching a bit easier with the 2.4l becoming more common. There might be some difference of opinion on where the subforum should be placed. In a sense this is Engine building and could be placed in the performance section.

Opinions?

Come on guys Dino is getting bored!

Terry
600, RE: 2.4 L subforum in advanced section
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've been of the opinion that is they're just discussing the swap, it should go in Perf/Eng. If they're talking custom length rods to improve the rod ratio and raise the redline or ideal camshaft profiles to allow the motor to breathe better in their application, well, that's something else entirely.
601, RE: 2.4 L subforum in advanced section
Posted by greygoose, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I think the subforum is a definite need. I don't care where it goes, but I'd like it to be full of relevant information instead of an array of topics.
602, RE: 2.4 L subforum in advanced section
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by greygoose
I'd like it to be full of relevant information instead of an array of topics.

You're new here, aren't you?
603, RE: 2.4 L subforum in advanced section
Originally posted by DarkOne
Originally posted by greygoose I'd like it to be full of relevant information instead of an array of topics.
You're new here, aren't you?

New to posting, not new to the 420a. I'd just like to see a little more hype here about the 2.4 motor. The neon sites are going crazy with this setup.
604, RE: 2.4 L subforum in advanced section
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
For the neon, the 2.4 is a direct fit with a mount kit. For us the 2.4 is a custom install, mounts and brackets need to be fabricated and some wiring to make things work. That is why the Neons enjoy this and we see it as a headache until its complete.
605, RE: 2.4 L subforum in advanced section
Hopefully we've got a couple of guys working on mount kits as well.
I generated this page in 0.008188009262085 seconds, executing 7 queries.