Go back to previous topic
Forum name2GNT Site/Forum Questions
Topic subjectI am full of ideas, applies to the main site and the forum
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=53&topic_id=560
560, I am full of ideas, applies to the main site and the forum
Posted by gramozeka, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I just have done a DIY with pictures. Some of those might be too big, so it would be a nice feature to be able to turn on/off the pictures. In the off mode just display their address so they can be opened in a new window or something.
561, RE: I am full of ideas, applies to the main site and the forum
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'll work on it tomarrow evening, right now the text is up. so others can use it

Terry
564, RE: I am full of ideas, applies to the main site and the forum
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You can set this yourself in your browser depending on which one you use. FireFox can do this.
565, RE: I am full of ideas, applies to the main site and the forum
Posted by gramozeka, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
DarkOne I did not know about that option on the browser. I have to report unlike some other websites the 2gnt forum looks pretty good with out the pictures. I have to say that most of the time I have fast connection and don't have to worry about pictures however i think it would still be nice to have an option to take pictures out of the post (just out of the post not all the other little icons) with a link displayed for them, with pictures off feature I did not find a way to access them.

I don't know it might be too much work so it's up to you to see if it is worth doing (time to implement vs # of people to use it) but complains about large pictures do come up once in a while.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
98 Stock Talon ESi
Mods: New spark Plugs, and UDP
I know spark plugs are not a mod but the car runs so smooth now :-)
573, RE: I am full of ideas, applies to the main site and the forum
Posted by Malenko, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by gramozeka
I don't know it might be too much work so it's up to you to see if it is worth doing (time to implement vs # of people to use it) but complains about large pictures do come up once in a while.

typically threads that contain large images have some sort of 56K warning; While its true not every thread that needs one has it, it seems to me that added an images off option to the website seems a bit excessesive especially considering what Dino has stated (about FireFox having the no images option).

Thom

I generated this page in 0.008357048034668 seconds, executing 7 queries.