Go back to previous topic
Forum name2GNT Site/Forum Questions
Topic subjectcheck all for inbox?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=53&topic_id=434
434, check all for inbox?
Posted by dsmmyth, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I don't know if it's been brought up before because I didn't know what to search on, but I was going to clear out all of my messages and was really irked that there was no check all option to click. This just totally messes up my lazy factor. Is there any chance that this option would be available later?
435, RE: check all for inbox?
Posted by EvuLFleA, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I bet if Dino could get $10 in donations he'd do it :P (He's cheap like that)

436, RE: check all for inbox?
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
bribery will get you anything. ;)
437, RE: check all for inbox?
Haha, well I guess it's never been brought up before which is a big surprise. But I don't mind contributing if others do.
438, RE: check all for inbox?
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I haven't deleted a message in over a year. Damn. This could be an idea. I wonder if we could get a way to download them all into a simple text file or something... ?
439, RE: check all for inbox?
I have no idea. All I know is that this is the only forum I'm registered on that doesn't have this feature. LOL.
440, RE: check all for inbox?
Originally posted by dsmmyth
I have no idea. All I know is that this is the only forum I'm registered on that doesn't have this feature. LOL.

That's because this is the only forum you're on worth a damn. :thumbsup
441, RE: check all for inbox?
Originally posted by DR1665
Originally posted by dsmmyth I have no idea. All I know is that this is the only forum I'm registered on that doesn't have this feature. LOL.
That's because this is the only forum you're on worth a damn. :thumbsup

Haha, yea I guess it is. There's so many other ideas that I could recommend or even do myself, but I'm not the webmaster. So I'm just recommending some of the big things.

Well, I guess that's a no on the "check all" thing. Lol.

On a side note, Driggs, the shootout looked like fun despite what everyone's saying on tuners. I may have to check it out next year. If it is happening next year.
442, RE: check all for inbox?
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I did this once before for some admin controls on the old Perl version of the forum. I remember is entailed using some JavaScript combined with some tricky (for me at the time, at least) CGI additions.

In PHP with the architecture DCF uses, it will either be trivial or a huge pain in my ass. Either way, someone made a $25 donation last week and be it related to this thread or not I suddenly feel motivated to look into this feature request.

Consider it, at my earliest conveinence, done. (barring any ugly site-wide performance hits due to including yet another Javascript function)

Dino
443, RE: check all for inbox?
Originally posted by DarkOne
I suddenly feel motivated to look into this feature request.

Thank you, sir. It is appreciated.
I generated this page in 0.0078108310699463 seconds, executing 7 queries.