Go back to previous topic
Forum name2GNT Site/Forum Questions
Topic subjectThe CAPS!?!?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=53&topic_id=281
281, The CAPS!?!?
Posted by WIDECLIPSE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Since when did they change to where we can click on each part now??? It's just like the programs we use at the dealerships now. Whomever did this is kickass!(Dino?)
282, RE: The CAPS!?!?
Posted by xcasbonx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Dino added the clickable links. I gather the part numbers from each PNC and forward the info to him so he can upload. We got 5 or 6 mains left to do. Tedious work it is, but the outcome is well worth it and benefits everyone here. There has been talks of doing the part numbers for dodge/chrylser as well.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1030
283, RE: The CAPS!?!?
Posted by WIDECLIPSE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Dude that is pretty nice. Now all we have to do is worry about part # changes. Kudos to you and Dino.
284, RE: The CAPS!?!?
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by xcasbonx
Dino added the clickable links. I gather the part numbers from each PNC and forward the info to him so he can upload. We got 5 or 6 mains left to do. Tedious work it is, but the outcome is well worth it and benefits everyone here. There has been talks of doing the part numbers for dodge/chrylser as well.

Correct.. i took the screenshots and later image mapped all the links. Cas and I collected part numbers via PNCs, though he has done the vast majority of that. I wrote the HTML and the lookup module. One day, i'll probably rewrite the whole thing as a scripted Nuke module rather than flat HTML, just to make it slick.

It's very tedious, and i'm eternally grateful for the help i've gotten on it from Aaron. We're manually collected over 2400 part numbers, created over 250 screenshots of the CAPS illustrations, and 256 html files totalling half a meg (that's a lot of text).
I generated this page in 0.0093269348144531 seconds, executing 7 queries.