Go back to previous topic
Forum name2GNT Site/Forum Questions
Topic subjectProblem with Image uploading
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=53&topic_id=1114
1114, Problem with Image uploading
Posted by totaleclipse_05, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey guys,

When I try to upload images to 2gnt on the Wiki, it won't let me upload jpg's. It just says I need to have the images in the right format (then lists off the types). If I convert them to gif picture files, they work though. I am a bit confused as to why so I thought I would bring it your guy's attention.
1115, RE: Problem with Image uploading
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by totaleclipse_05
Hey guys, When I try to upload images to 2gnt on the Wiki, it won't let me upload jpg's. It just says I need to have the images in the right format (then lists off the types). If I convert them to gif picture files, they work though. I am a bit confused as to why so I thought I would bring it your guy's attention.

I've heard this before... but the system checks MIME types, not extensions. I can't imaging how the mime type could be wrong.

I've asked for people to send me images that fail so I can figure out why,m and no one does.

'Send me the F*$%ING IMAGE.
1116, RE: Problem with Image uploading
Yeah I just tried to upload a jpg and it gave me this:

"File must be a jpg, gif, bmp, png, txt, pdf, or doc!"

Image sent to you dino.
1117, RE: Problem with Image uploading
Posted by cs82685, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah I just tried to upload a jpg and it gave me this: "File must be a jpg, gif, bmp, png, txt, pdf, or doc!" Image sent to you dino.

I had the same problem when trying to upload a few images, ended up saving them as bitmaps then uploading. Lost some quality but still good enough for what I was aiming to do.
1118, RE: Problem with Image uploading
Originally posted by cs82685
Originally posted by totaleclipse_05 Yeah I just tried to upload a jpg and it gave me this: "File must be a jpg, gif, bmp, png, txt, pdf, or doc!" Image sent to you dino.
I had the same problem when trying to upload a few images, ended up saving them as bitmaps then uploading. Lost some quality but still good enough for what I was aiming to do.

Yeah same here. I sent a picture I was having problems with to Dino and he tried it and it worked for him so I don't know what the problem could be.
1119, RE: Problem with Image uploading
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
so I don't know what the problem could be.

1120, RE: Problem with Image uploading
Originally posted by djtrickee
Originally posted by totaleclipse_05 so I don't know what the problem could be.

Tried it and still didn't work :P ...ass lol
1121, RE: Problem with Image uploading
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by djtrickee
Originally posted by totaleclipse_05 so I don't know what the problem could be.
Tried it and still didn't work :P ...ass lol

haha!
1122, RE: Problem with Image uploading
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Count me in with the same problem. Tried all the strategies gave up and just loaded them on putfile and worked from there. Would of rather put them on the wiki, but it wasn't happenning. I just figured it was old man user error.
1123, RE: Problem with Image uploading
Posted by edxmon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
imageshack.us FTW.
1124, RE: Problem with Image uploading
Originally posted by edxmon
imageshack.us FTW.

The reason we are uploading them to the 2gnt site is so there is no chance of the pictures being lost 2-3-10 years down the road.
1125, RE: Problem with Image uploading
Originally posted by edxmon imageshack.us FTW.
The reason we are uploading them to the 2gnt site is so there is no chance of the pictures being lost 2-3-10 years down the road.

Agreed.

Like I said, if you have an image that fails, send it to me. The one I've been sent so far worked when I uploaded it. I'd like to get a failing image file so I can figure out what the hell MIME type it's reporting.
1170, RE: Problem with Image uploading
Posted by juan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
was there ever a resolution for this?

Originally tried a jpg saved to my machine from here:
h ttp://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k134/ez1_03/DSC00096.jpg
in this thread:
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=30276

I then tried converting it to a PNG (MS Paintz, yo), but still getting an error when attempting to upload:
  "File must be a jpg, gif, bmp, png, txt, pdf, doc or msq!
Failed to upload file CypressPD_01.png Reason: 0 Filetype: image/x-png"
1171, RE: Problem with Image uploading
Originally posted by juan
was there ever a resolution for this? Originally tried a jpg saved to my machine from here: h ttp://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k134/ez1_03/DSC00096.jpg in this thread: http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=30276 I then tried converting it to a PNG (MS Paintz, yo), but still getting an error when attempting to upload:
  "File must be a jpg, gif, bmp, png, txt, pdf, doc or msq!   Failed to upload file CypressPD_01.png Reason: 0 Filetype: image/x-png"

I added some additional output code so i could try to figure it out, but you're the first person that's reported anything since.

Wonder if i have x-png as a mime type in the file check...

*edit* I didn't... try now.

else if ($HTTP_POST_FILES<$element><'type'> =="image/jpeg" OR
$HTTP_POST_FILES<$element><'type'> =="image/jpg" OR
$HTTP_POST_FILES<$element><'type'> =="image/gif" OR
$HTTP_POST_FILES<$element><'type'> =="image/bmp" OR
$HTTP_POST_FILES<$element><'type'> =="image/png" OR
$HTTP_POST_FILES<$element><'type'> =="image/x-png") {

1172, RE: Problem with Image uploading
that did the trick! :thumbsup

I thought it'd be neat to have a collection/index of notable 2GNTs. See the Community page...
1173, RE: Problem with Image uploading
BTW, how about an enhancement request for allowing multiple images to be uploaded at once (i.e. control &/or shift -click on the Choose File popup).
1174, RE: Problem with Image uploading
Originally posted by juan
BTW, how about an enhancement request for allowing multiple images to be uploaded at once (i.e. control &/or shift -click on the Choose File popup).

it already does that ;-) You can do up to 10 at once.
1189, RE: Problem with Image uploading
I haven't tried it in a while, but I just kept converting my pics to .gif files since it wouldn't upload .jpg for some reason. I'll have to try it later today to see if I still get that problem.
I generated this page in 0.0087690353393555 seconds, executing 7 queries.