Go back to previous topic
Forum name2005 DSM ShootOut
Topic subjectRE: Roll Call.....
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=50&topic_id=1293&mesg_id=1314
1314, RE: Roll Call.....
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by sike
yeah that was good times, definettally be there next year. hopefully see some dsm's run. we left before the rain stoped and didnt get home until 3am! 5hour accidental detour through every city in pennsylvania. the good ol' red rocket ran strong though. it was good to meet you guys, a little weird but next year should be different!

They say everyone has a twin and it's true. While standing in line to board my flight to Phoenix at Midway, I swear I was only a few feet away from you, dude. Even went so far as to say, "Sike! You're going to Phoenix?" Dude was all, "What?" Oh well.

So far, I think I have the most eventful return trip (after all, drama follows me...). Kulaga drops me off at Midway early, because he thinks John is the one flying out of Midway and needs to catch his flight first. I end up at the curb almost 8 horus early. Go in, check in, ask the guy if I can get bumped to an earlier flight because I have had my fill of DSMs, racing and drunken debauchery. He asks me if I have a 1G or 2G while he's looking up flights. I tell him a 2G with a bad timing belt issue and we were all in Norwalk at the Shootout. Turns out he had a 95 ESi and got tired of fixing shit, so he traded it in on something else. He then waived the $84 fee to bump me to the earlier flight out. Instead of arriving at midnight, I am scheduled to arrive at 9pm. Rock.

So I'm getting on the earlier flight and I can hear this bitch behind me on the jetway running her mouth. Didn't know what she was talking about, but it was typical F this F that, I'm a tough guy bullshit and I just forgot about it as I got on the plane and proceeded to fall asleep confident that the cute, first year as a fourth grade teacher sitting next to me wasn't going to draw "wienerballs" on my face if I passed out.

Next thing I know. We're being diverted to Amarillo because the drunk bitch in the back is making threats and not listening to the flight attendant (who, I might add, was a smoking hot redhead). Turns out, that's a good way to get an undercover US Marshall to blow his cover, take your ass down in the aisle, and then use some heavy duty zip ties to "cuff" you. We land in Amarillo, local 5-0 boards us, drags her out (being thoroughly ridiculed the entire time), then the FBI shows up and everyone at the back of the plane who was involved has to fill out a statement before we leave.

Coming back into town, sinuses are completely fucked from that damn cold weather and humidity out there, and my ears have yet to pop. Feels like I have daggers stuck in my head just behind my ears and my jaw might be borked. Ugh.

But I am home. Going to take a hot shower (with water pressure and a functional drain) and then go to sleep in my own bed without the threat of kamikaze vienna wieners.

PS - pictures should be up later tonight on az2gnt. "Wanna shot?"
I generated this page in 0.0086460113525391 seconds, executing 6 queries.