Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=98150&mesg_id=98257
98257, RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now.
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 98VengeI4
Mike, Did you check the wiring for your cam/crank sensors? It might have shorted somewhere since you say it was showing the signal as on and then went to off and back. And if it was a power wire for the ecu don't you think your snapon scanner wouldn't be able to connect?? Of course this is all just speculation as I don't own or have never used one. I need to buy one though. -Nate ________________ -97 Avenger I4 5spd (R.I.P.) -95 Eclipse GS 5spd -Mods: Megan Header ,Megan Racing Cat-Back, AEM V2, Fluidyne Radiator All-Motor Buildup on the way

Okay, well today I connected a jumper wire from the cam sensor harness straight to the ECU signal wire (black/green) and it still did not start so now I know there are no shorts anywhere in the wiring.

I noticed when I pulled the cam sensor off, that there was A LOT of magnetic field, like 1/3" from the cam magnet and sensor, I could hear the ASD relay clicking.

Should I possibly try replacing the actual CAM MAGNET? Is it possible for those to go bad at all?

EDIT: Could a possibly bad TPS sensor fault this sensor sense it is tied in somewhere?

Or even, could the crank sensor be bad itself (although it starts the car w/ the cam unplugged after awhile of cranking) and it making the cam sensor look fucked up??

Any advice wuold be greatly appreciated as I had it towed to my shop today and I can work it tomorrow morning again!
I generated this page in 0.011779069900513 seconds, executing 6 queries.