Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectmoisture in autometer gauges?? wtf
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=91307
91307, moisture in autometer gauges?? wtf
Posted by jdpilot, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So, I store my car. It hasn't been on the road in a couple months. All of a sudden today I noticed moisture/condensation behind the glass of two of my 5 autometer gauges. How do I remove it and how th ehell did it get there?? Anyone experience this??
91308, RE: moisture in autometer gauges?? wtf
Posted by WickedESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I got some moisture in my center gauge pod before I blocked off the vents. Mine dried naturally.
91312, RE: moisture in autometer gauges?? wtf
Posted by BOOSTED ECLIPSE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by jdpilot
So, I store my car. It hasn't been on the road in a couple months. All of a sudden today I noticed moisture/condensation behind the glass of two of my 5 autometer gauges. How do I remove it and how th ehell did it get there?? Anyone experience this??

Try parking the car in the sun for awhile with the windows down. Sometimes my egt gauge in my A pillar will fog up sometimes when I run the AC at night, but it goes away within a few minutes after turning the AC off.

91336, RE: moisture in autometer gauges?? wtf
Posted by xcasbonx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have this problem too. It sucks, but now that its warm out again they don't have moisture. I suppose one day I'll get new gauges, but until then, they do the job.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1030
91432, RE: moisture in autometer gauges?? wtf
Posted by everphatdusters, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
check the back side of the gauge and see if there are any open holes. Plug em up with some good tape, that should take care of the moisture from coming back. If you can take apart the gauge itself and seal the glass to the trim ring. Beats buying new gauges!
I generated this page in 0.0089070796966553 seconds, executing 7 queries.