Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectpics of vette sidepipes
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=87834
87834, pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by richlo65, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you asked for them, you got them! if the pics dont come up, i will just try again on a reply to this thread.

http://www.imageshack.us>

this is without sidepipes, but just to show you my taillights also.

crappy pic, but o well.
87835, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
ok, cool they did work on the first try. i hope to get some feedback on these pipes!
87836, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by Collente, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
sweet man, i cant decide if I like them myself, I was thinking of having them hidden under the car a bit more, how low are they to the gound... huh

Nick
97RS
87837, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by ajcfalcon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i dont really like it, but thats just my opinion.... it doesnt look right to me.

If you like it, then good for you
87838, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by tim97rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by richlo65
i hope to get some feedback on these pipes!

Sorry, but it looks like ass! its absolutley rediculous to have sidepipes on a 4cyl. its worse than dual exhaust mufflers on a 4 cyl.

if ya want ol'school muscle, go with ol'school muscle but dont mix import with it! whats next, a big block V8 with a 6 pack?
87839, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by EvMan2345, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
How's it sound? ever burnt your leg getting out? lol- Its definitely different!

Evan B
97 GS- FOR SALE
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com
87840, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
clearence is about the same as if i lowered the car about 2", no i have never burnt my leg yet, the heat shields are designed pretty well. it sounds amazing...it is lowder than strait pipe (baisicly expasion chambers for the exhaust), and it has that underwater sound (bloop, bloop, bloop, etc). and as for not mixing muscle with import...this is my whole theory for this car, i hate doing stuff other people have already done, and i am a muscle car guy at heart that happen to get a good deal on an eclipse. so right away i decided to put as much muscle car heart into this well known import as possible. hope this answers some questions on why, lol.
87843, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
87841, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by eclipse_gs_1512, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by tim97rs
Originally posted by richlo65 i hope to get some feedback on these pipes!
Sorry, but it looks like ass! its absolutley rediculous to have sidepipes on a 4cyl. its worse than dual exhaust mufflers on a 4 cyl. if ya want ol'school muscle, go with ol'school muscle but dont mix import with it! whats next, a big block V8 with a 6 pack?

i agree with tim...but it's your car, so whatever floats your boat...
87844, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
i hate doing stuff other people have already done,

THAT, i can respect! well then, kudos to you for doing it and keep moving forward! (i still don't like it... :love )
87845, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by turbo8u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
what the HELL....?
87847, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by turbo8u
what the HELL....?

X2, yucky IMO.
87848, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by ajcfalcon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hows your low end power?
87849, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
OMG. You DO know you're going to get clowned for that everywhere you go, right? I can certainly appreciate the being different-ness about it. For that, you get kudos. I would seriously think about painting them black to keep them from standing out so much. That, or make this a temporary modification. ;)
87850, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by 420a-Tnthewerks, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ew.
87852, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
low end power sucks, but with this car it always sucked, so i wasnt to worried about that. and as for painting them black, i think i am just going to get a chrome air scoop also, to get the attension spread a bit more across the car (and yes, i will find a way to make the air scoop functional). i dont care if you like it, i just would like some respect for bieng original. good ex. tim97rs, hates the look, but respects it (i think), lol.
87853, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
you should put a snorkel on it coming out the hood like the military hummers so you can rally through puddles and shit with t3h ease!

i too respect the custom work, but damn...i KNOW that low end has got to suck because with my cutout open below like 3500rpms it's just pathetic
87855, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
you should put a snorkel on it coming out the hood like the military hummers so you can rally through puddles and shit with t3h ease! i too respect the custom work, but damn...i KNOW that low end has got to suck because with my cutout open below like 3500rpms it's just pathetic

ya, but like i said before i am not to woorried about low end, i knew how crappy it was going to be before i installed everything, so i was ready. hey, isnt your cutout on the cat bypass? for sound imagine it bieng that loud, but with (the best way for me to describe it) that underwater sound that glasspacks give to v-8s, exept on a 4-cyl. YOU might be able to comprehend it with this desc, kinda.

and no not a snorkel, thats not the look im going for, lol. maby like a tri-slot or something, or a fake 6-71 blower (not 100% sure yet).
87909, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by Keith2172, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
... i dont care if you like it, i just would like some respect for bieng original.

Snorting air-horn was an original idea, but I don't respect it! If you like it then fine, but please don't park it next to my car. On a lighter note I do like the blacked out tail lights, they r the :thumbsup

87851, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DR1665
OMG. You DO know you're going to get clowned for that everywhere you go, right? I can certainly appreciate the being different-ness about it. For that, you get kudos. I would seriously think about painting them black to keep them from standing out so much. That, or make this a temporary modification. ;)

kind of off subject, but, is that a hole in your tranny i see ???
how the fuck did that happen!?
87856, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ho lee shit :scratch Well, I did see a great big aluminum wing on a Vette the other day, so i guess this makes total sense haha..
87857, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by micyek, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
LOL ^^

almost makes it look like one of those crazy hotwheels...heh

I think I've seen C4 vettes with side exhausts covered by the side skirts...personally I think that would look better :shrug
87858, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by 95dsmrsproj, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My first thought was OMFG!(jaw hits floor) Then I thought about it, and if you could make it look something like this: ...it might look better. Those things are huge! Thumbs up for being original :thumbsup
87859, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Originally posted by 95dsmrsproj
...it might look better.

yeah! that's what I was getting at...heh
87864, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by 97eclipse97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by micyek
Originally posted by 95dsmrsproj ...it might look better.

i also think this would look very good, but props to you for being original
87866, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by 95dsmrsproj, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by micyek
Originally posted by 95dsmrsproj ...it might look better.

we were typing at the same time...lol...just took me a few more seconds to find the pic

87860, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by RxR_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
submitted to ricecop.com
87861, bwahahahahahahahahahaha
Posted by ez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I thought that this was one of those "what is wrong with picture?" kind of things. the exhaust, the blacked out headlights (what the?)

props to u for not caring what other people think. I can't let myself say anymore than that LOL
87863, RE: bwahahahahahahahahahaha
Posted by Talontaxi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have to give you points for being original but I personally don't like it, its way to flashy and big. side exhaust is ok but make it a little more subtle.
87865, RE: bwahahahahahahahahahaha
Posted by a_miller_76, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Holy shit, do you have a mullet and 2 teeth too? That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever seen in my entire life. I'm not even gonna be polite and say "way to be original"...holy fuck that shit.
87869, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
Originally posted by DR1665 OMG. You DO know you're going to get clowned for that everywhere you go, right? I can certainly appreciate the being different-ness about it. For that, you get kudos. I would seriously think about painting them black to keep them from standing out so much. That, or make this a temporary modification. ;)
kind of off subject, but, is that a hole in your tranny i see ??? how the fuck did that happen!?

I don't know. Lately I've been having these black outs where I just all of the sudden find myself doing something bizarre (in this case, stabbing my bell housing with a large slotted screwedriver). I don't know what happened, but I think I was originally trying to snap the clip off the back of the throw out bearing. I was screaming something when I snapped back to reality, but I don't recall what it is. I think I need to see a docor about this. :shrug

And dude, I gave you props for doing something different. I wouldn't be caught dead in that thing, but I wouldn't be caught dead in Superman's car either, despite thinking it's one of the coolest cars on this forum based on the reason it was modded the way it was.
87870, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by grain, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
baby jesus crys
87871, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Originally posted by grain
baby jesus crys

So does full-grown man Jesus.

edit- And DUDE! You still have my avatar in your sig. It must be takin off within a certain amount of time.. between now and then, get to it.
87879, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by cougar694u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I don't know. Lately I've been having these black outs where I just all of the sudden find myself doing something bizarre (in this case, stabbing my bell housing with a large slotted screwedriver). I don't know what happened, but I think I was originally trying to snap the clip off the back of the throw out bearing. I was screaming something when I snapped back to reality, but I don't recall what it is. I think I need to see a docor about this. :shrug

LOL, now that's funny...
87880, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by optimuspeterson, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i clicked on this link thinking it was a joke :wtf
87881, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by BumpinTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
my jaw hit the floor when I saw your car... do what those guys with the mustang pics did... that looks way better. right now, your car is redneckin' to the max and fuck it is ugly.
87883, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by sonikbewm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Uhhh..... that's just not right.
87885, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
I found this dude's pic.

And while we're on the topic of bustin on you, you realize that 70mm TB you supposedly have won't do shit for your car right? If you have that on a stock manifold the most functional use (if you even bothered to port it out) is 58mm before you have to start adding material, and even then you can only get to about 60mm on the stock manifold. And being NA that's completely and utterly worthless.
87892, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by thedawg, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
YOURE DOING IT ALL WRONG!

87893, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Now that's the hot shit, right there!
87894, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by RST95eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Leave the poor guy alone.
87896, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by wite96gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
BUWAHAHAHAHA, holy shit, I once put side pipes on a 78 nova, and it still looked bad.
actually, I like the looks of your car, I like the blacked out head and tail lights, I'm even quite partial to those wheels, but the side pipes just look so out of place.
87897, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
howd you find my pic on the internet?!? lol, jk. anyhow, around here i love them, iv gotten more peace signs (2 fingers, not 1) from muscle car guys then i ever have before. that right there sais i am doing something right.

and like i said before, i dont care what you think of it (actuall i am in a better mood, because i know all you people who dissed it are gelous as hell).

here is my 70mm mustang TB, no its not a stock manifold. it was custom built by a professional. and it took me damn near 1 month just to get it installed.

so, please please dont try and prove me wrong with what i have on my car. you dont have to try and comprehend what i have, just dont try and prove me wrong.

oh, im not going to take my little shifting baby out of my thing, because i put this on here before i even knew you existed. (not to say you didnt have it first, i just didnt see it here before).
87898, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
But are you going turbo? Cuz seriously, 8 injectors, dual pipes (good lord :rolleyes) and 70mm worth of TB is pointless NT.
87900, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
can you say supercharged?
87905, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by 97whitESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
can you say supercharged?

can you say waste of time and money?
can you say even w/ a S/C it STILL wont have any lowend?
can you say massive port velocity loss?

nice intake mani though, just needs a smaller TB
87907, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by CopperEclipse96, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i'm gelous if your grasp on basic english.

the original pic looked cool....the one of the car without the pipes, with the blacked out tails. looked cool then.
87908, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by BlackMagic, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i may get knocked for sayin this but i kinda like it, in a weird sort of way, probably just because its so different.
87910, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
hell yes blackmagic. lol. first friend in this post. 97whitESi did you forget...noone else has ever done sidepipes, noone else here has ever done 70mm TB, noone else has ever done supercharging (a couple people have discussed it). and hell, when i get it working, i might be able to sell a few kits here. as for price (this is my reaserching only, dont quote me 100%) $1-1.5k for centralfigure supercharger, 500$ for custom fab supplies (will do work myself), dont need intercooler for test run (can be bolted on later). 1000$ for extras, and 1000$ for bottom end rebuild. i was way overpricing all of this stuff, and i will come up way below a hahn stage v, or even stage iv. and before this, ill have ingnition and fuel delivery set. anyways, i dont like talking about what im going to do, i prefer talking about what i already have done. it makes more of an impact (lol, like sidepipes...look at this post, it was posted last night, and already has like 350 or something views). so the supercharger is just a reaserched goal, nothing more at this moment. if you want to get in a disc on superchargers fine, ill play along with whatever you say, but it has not been done before, and i totaly understand that.
87912, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
1. They sell a supercharger kit. Thomas Knight sells them.
2. There have been centrifigul units installed on Eclipses before.
3. There's a big reason why Turbos are more popular.
87913, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by grain, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
im about to cry. this is terrible.
87914, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by CopperEclipse96, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i prefer talking about what i already have done. it makes more of an impact (lol, like sidepipes...look at this post, it was posted last night, and already has like 350 or something views).

unfortunately, most of the views are probably from forums other than our own. this is probably linked all over the internet. if not, it will be soon.

if i made a thread titled, "i'm a man with a vagina," it might get a lot of views, but that doesnt mean the two go together.
87915, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
97whitESi did you forget...noone else has ever done sidepipes

Wonder why.

noone else here has ever done 70mm TB

It's too big, you're not going to like it.

noone else has ever done supercharging (a couple people have discussed it).

Yes, it's been done before. There's even pictures around here. Someone took an Eaton SC off an old Boneville or something. And, like Miller said, there are kits.

and hell, when i get it working, i might be able to sell a few kits here. as for price (this is my reaserching only, dont quote me 100%) $1-1.5k for centralfigure supercharger, 500$ for custom fab supplies (will do work myself), dont need intercooler for test run (can be bolted on later). 1000$ for extras, and 1000$ for bottom end rebuild. i was way overpricing all of this stuff, and i will come up way below a hahn stage v, or even stage iv.

You'll have more power and effeciency with the turbo, remember, you have 4 cylinders. And that's not over-pricing.

87917, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
87928, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
I was just wondering, how do you have them hooked up? 2 cylinders for each? LOL Or do you just have all four go into one, then that one splits into two? Do you have pics of that?
87935, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by techboy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah, I'd actually be curious about that too .... b/c, knowing where the DP and cat come down and seeing where those pipes intially come out the side (just behind the front wheel), it would seem to me the exhaust would have to flow backwards, or at least perpindicular for a brief strech. Anyway, I don't know who "asked to see this" as you posted, but whatever ....
87936, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by EvuLFleA, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
noone else here has ever done 70mm TB

Wrong.

Anyway, good luck with future mods. I'd like to see a supercharged car around 2gnt.
87937, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by WickedESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm not a pipes fan, and camber kits are good, other than that I think you have a really nice looking car. If you actually go through with supercharging your eclipse I would have mad props for you. Having some supercharged eclipses driven by real people would help out the diversity of the community I think.
87941, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by EvuLFleA
Originally posted by richlo65 noone else here has ever done 70mm TB
Wrong. Anyway, good luck with future mods. I'd like to see a supercharged car around 2gnt.

JustOne has a 70mm throttle body and has for years. But then again, he also has an extremely built motor and turbo setup pushing high hp numbers to actually make it worth it.
87942, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by Initial DSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

Not exactly calling BS yet ....but thats 2g99RNSC's engine and 70mmTB in that pic. Strange that you have that pic, unless you bought that off of him or something and he gave the pic to you. Besides, like Aaron posted, a Supercharger replaces your whole intake manifold anyway.
I like MetalJim's side pipes better. He made them himself and they dont stick out crazy like that.
87943, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by EvuLFleA, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by djtrickee
Wrong. Anyway, good luck with future mods. I'd like to see a supercharged car around 2gnt.
JustOne has a 70mm throttle body and has for years. But then again, he also has an extremely built motor and turbo setup pushing high hp numbers to actually make it worth it.

So did PuR RaGe.
87944, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
JustOne has a 70mm throttle body and has for years.

That was the first thing I was thinking. Just waited until I read everything before I commented.

I say everyone chill out and let the guy do his own thing. It's not parked in your driveway at night. If a DSMer wants to do something to his car that he likes, it doesn't matter what the rest of us think. It's like there's nothing better to do around here than just come in and try to one-up each other on pretentious sarcasm.

BO-ring. :rolleyes

87945, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by coppereclipse95, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
how does the pipes sound?
87946, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
I like this setup better...has the ability to be intercooled

87947, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
I say everyone chill out and let the guy do his own thing. It's not parked in your driveway at night. If a DSMer wants to do something to his car that he likes, it doesn't matter what the rest of us think. It's like there's nothing better to do around here than just come in and try to one-up each other on pretentious sarcasm. BO-ring. :rolleyes

Now that is the best example of the proverbial "pot calling the kettle black" that I've ever seen in my entire life. Re-read what you wrote and apply it to every other thread you're ever in.
87949, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Originally posted by Initial DSM
Not exactly calling BS yet ....but thats 2g99RNSC's engine and 70mmTB in that pic. Strange that you have that pic, unless you bought that off of him or something and he gave the pic to you. Besides, like Aaron posted, a Supercharger replaces your whole intake manifold anyway. I like MetalJim's side pipes better. He made them himself and they dont stick out crazy like that.

i thought i had seen that pic before...humm. Explain yourself, sir....
87971, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Originally posted by a_miller_76
Originally posted by DR1665 I say everyone chill out and let the guy do his own thing. It's not parked in your driveway at night. If a DSMer wants to do something to his car that he likes, it doesn't matter what the rest of us think. It's like there's nothing better to do around here than just come in and try to one-up each other on pretentious sarcasm. BO-ring. :rolleyes
Now that is the best example of the proverbial "pot calling the kettle black" that I've ever seen in my entire life. Re-read what you wrote and apply it to every other thread you're ever in.

BEHOLD! HE WHO IS ALWAYS RIGHT AND LEVEL-HEADED! :rolleyes
87972, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Originally posted by DR1665 I say everyone chill out and let the guy do his own thing. It's not parked in your driveway at night. If a DSMer wants to do something to his car that he likes, it doesn't matter what the rest of us think. It's like there's nothing better to do around here than just come in and try to one-up each other on pretentious sarcasm. BO-ring. :rolleyes

At least I'm not a hypocrite Brian.
87973, RE: pics of vette sidepipes

brians not a hyprocrite, shut up.

87974, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Originally posted by DR1665BEHOLD! HE WHO IS ALWAYS RIGHT AND LEVEL-HEADED! :rolleyes
brians not a hyprocrite, shut up.

Yes he is, you shut up.

rich, you posted up the pics and you got critisizm. What were you expecting? A bunch of 4 banger DSMer's liking humongous exhaust pipes that look like they belong on a semi? I do give you props for taking the critisizm well though :thumbsup.
87975, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks Yes he is, you shut up.

i know brian 10x better than you, he's not a hypocrite.

87981, RE: pics of vette sidepipes

You probably know him 100x more than I do, but from what he betrays on the board, it seems he can be sometimes .
87982, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks
You probably know him 100x more than I do, but from what he betrays on the board, it seems he can be sometimes .

well until youve met him in real life you should STFU...judging someone over the internet is ridiculous to say the least. get a life and stop jumping on the bash brian bandwagon if you dont even know him.

87985, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks
well until youve met him in real life you should STFU...judging someone over the internet is ridiculous to say the least. get a life and stop jumping on the bash brian bandwagon if you dont even know him.

I don't see any bandwagon, if anything, the bandwagon is full of Drigg lover's and suck-ups, for what reason I have no idea. I guess since he's been here awhile, but you have to admit that what he just said, was a good example of being a hypocrit.

edit- I'm sure he is a cool guy in person, much like everybody else that you meet in real life after knowing they share similarities in your hobbies.
87988, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
No one is the same in real life as they are on the net. I'm like, half as much of an ass in real life.
87989, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by 97whitESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
and im much more prone to saying stupid shit IRL
87990, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by sonikbewm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Children, let's get back on track with how ridiculous this car is and how this guy is talking out his ass.
87995, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
No one is the same in real life as they are on the net. I'm like, half as much of an ass in real life.

Well. I can vouch for the 1/2 asshole part. I've seen it, errr... him.
87997, RE: pics of vette sidepipes
Originally posted by a_miller_76 No one is the same in real life as they are on the net. I'm like, half as much of an ass in real life.
Well. I can vouch for the 1/2 asshole part. I've seen it, errr... him.

Right back at ya ;) LOL
I generated this page in 0.015087127685547 seconds, executing 7 queries.