Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectShould I do this?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=71548
71548, Should I do this?
Posted by Pyroman415, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I need some opinions/info about this. Im thinking about getting my head ported and polished ($300) and a valve job ($120). After that i plan on getting new cams and springs, headers and a full exhaust (probably a magnaflow). Currently I only have a cold air intake. Im looking to push around 200 on my NA 98 talon.
-If I get this done, how much HP would I be looking at?
-Whats a good set of cams and springs for a decent idle and price for a good amount of power?
-I need Opinions on these headers, are SS headers any good? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33630&item=2469174577
-Would it be worth it to also bore out the TB and intake manifold?

Im new to porting and polishing and cams and springs, so any info is appreciated. I did search and didnt find quite what i needed.
71549, RE: Should I do this?
Posted by eclipse_99rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=32&topic_id=91&mode=full

You need a lot of work to get 200hp n/a. Look in the link above.
71550, RE: Should I do this?
Posted by ajna_star, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
from what ive heard our head flows pretty well... so yoru 300$ might be invested better in other places.

i wouldnt bother with cheap shit headers, you can get a dc sports header from adventon.com for 240$... and it will be a hell of alot better than any cheap shit you buy on ebay
71551, RE: Should I do this?
Posted by injendsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by ajna_star
from what ive heard our head flows pretty well... so yoru 300$ might be invested better in other places. i wouldnt bother with cheap shit headers, you can get a dc sports header from adventon.com for 240$... and it will be a hell of alot better than any cheap shit you buy on ebay

as cheap as they may be, i have never heard anything bad about that header.
71563, RE: Should I do this?
Posted by BlkTalon96, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If you really want 200 hp, I doubt you will be able to keep a stock or even near stock idle. Not saying it won't be daily drivable, but not like stock. Also, it is going to take ALOT of work to get even close to 200 whp. If you really want to go fast, turbo is the only way to go. And I am not saying this because I am biased, I am still NT and I am planning on going on going all motor. Right now I am just planning on small stuff, but plans change. Speed is addictive. :evilgrin
71568, RE: Should I do this?
Posted by Pyroman415, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the guy at the shop said id probably push about 170ish with that done. I also heard from someone else its a big power increase but in your opinions its not worth it? What would you recommend I do with the money instead?
71569, RE: Should I do this?
Posted by injendsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Pyroman415
the guy at the shop said id probably push about 170ish with that done. I also heard from someone else its a big power increase but in your opinions its not worth it? What would you recommend I do with the money instead?

the worth of it is up to you. beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or something to that effect. if you want a huge amount of power, you need to boost. if you want to be one of the respected few who dares to go against the grain and pursue a hardcore all motor setup, then by all means, do that. but only you know what is best for you.
71570, RE: Should I do this?
Posted by nightwolf2369, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
definately gonna take a lot of money and time to push 200hp n/a. you should do header, testpipe, 2.5 cat-back, bigger tb, p&p intake manifold, better ignition, beefy cams and some cams gears and then some more internals. it's a lot of work. as for the header, i got the obx one of ebay for 180 shipped and it works great. good luck man
I generated this page in 0.010279178619385 seconds, executing 7 queries.