Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectNo Spark to plugs.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=62825
62825, No Spark to plugs.
Posted by Nemisizz, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
as some may know i have drop a used engine in my car and still trying to get the damn thing to run. my question is, if the timing is incorrect on the cams, would that retard the timing so much that i would get any spark to my plugs? i do think the timing may very well be off so that why im asking that before i go look at the electrical indepth. I know the plugs are good and wires and everything else becase i could start the old engine up no prob.
62826, RE: No Spark to plugs.
Posted by ughhhead, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
YES!!!! are they all not firing or are 1 and 4 just firing and 2 and 3 not firing or vice versa. that's EXACTLY what happened to me when i did my timing for the first time. my car would crank all day then every once in a while it would make a nice big back fire fart. here is a thread that i posted about a month ago, this may give you the answers you need or atleast help you not ask the same questions that i did. good luck dude. :thumbsup
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=61821&mesg_id=61821&listing_type=search
62886, RE: No Spark to plugs.
None fired. i read your post and the timing sounds like it's it. damn, i have to take that damn belt off again.. lower engine and all. just when you think all is done, more crap to do.
63031, RE: No Spark to plugs.
I ajusted the cams and it is off by maybe 1 tooth.. i will be ajusting it so its dead on, but would just that little bit still cause no spark to plugs? or would it just mis-fire? if not then i'm not sure what next step i should be taking? any help would be great. im ready to throw a match in the gas tank if this crap keeps up. also, the sensor by the oil filter is unpluged that wounld matter right?:bowdown
63053, RE: No Spark to plugs.
Anyone Anyone,
63065, RE: No Spark to plugs.
ok dude, heres another thread i posted in. read this. when i did my timing belt, i swore up and down that i had my timing right. somehow or another, it ended up that my timing was off like 5 teeth. read the really long part of the thread that i posted, atleast if you have to take your stuff back apart then you'll have a much better idea of how to do it. good luck partner:thumbsup
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=61981&mesg_id=61981&listing_type=search
63066, RE: No Spark to plugs.
i'm thinking it might be your cam position sensor, crank position sensor, or ECU. even when my timing was REALLY off, it still had spark to cylinders 1 and 4, which are known as companion cylinders. so you might have more than just timing issues. i don't know dude, let me know what happens:shrug
I generated this page in 0.012677907943726 seconds, executing 7 queries.