Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectEvap control solenoid
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=52565
52565, Evap control solenoid
Posted by KSeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My cel has been on for a few months and i just got it read again and found out it's the evap control solenoid, my guess is this is what recycles gas vapors or something? i dont know, but how can i fix this, and where is it?
52608, RE: Evap control solenoid
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
EVAP solenoid is under the front bumper, on the passenger side, right infront of the tire. If you look up under there, you cant miss it. You can also follow the two steel hard lines that are infront of the timing belt covers on the framerail, as those lead right to the EVAP system.
52622, RE: Evap control solenoid
Posted by KSeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
how do i fix what's wrong?
52647, RE: Evap control solenoid
Posted by InFiNiT3, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the solenoid is about 75$ from satan.... two hoses and a 10mm socket is all you need.. :)

97' Eclpse GS 420A
MODS*****
AEM cam Gears,MSD ignition,Chikira 4-2-1 header,Custom 2.5" exhast,Pacsetter hifloc
52669, RE: Evap control solenoid
Posted by Corbin, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Depending on your car, you may attempt to disable the EVAP system and put a resistor pack in place. I got sick of the EVAP solenoid's loud clicking, so I unpugged it and put a few 1W resistors in place (I don't remember the resistance). The ECU thinks the solenoid is in place, so it doesn't throw a code. I have a '95 AT, so it may not look for EVAP flow (just that the solenoid is hooked up). Later year cars may still throw a code for no EVAP flow. I've been driving like this for several months (no codes yet).

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire
I generated this page in 0.012984037399292 seconds, executing 7 queries.