Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: backfire
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=49984&mesg_id=50374
50374, RE: backfire
Posted by 420AYE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yeah, will someone post a couple pics of the egr system. and anything having to do with the "screw" that needs tightened or whatever... i read this somewhere on these boards:

From what i understand, the ECU will perform a EGR test, normally at cold engine conditions. The ECU will partially close off the IAC valve, and open up the EGR valve. If the EGR is working, the exra air flow from the EGR will compensate for the closed off IAC valve, and all is good. If the EGR is not working properly, or has been blocked off, then the motor will stumble a bit, then trip the CEL for insufficient EGR flow. The ECU will always try and activate the EGR solenoid, hooked up or not. If the actual soleniod has been disconnected, then you will get a CEL for that. If the EGR pipe has been blocked off, then you will eventually get a insuf flow code for that. The EGR is mainly used at cold startup, to help warm the motor faster, and also lower emmisions, and its also used seldomly at part throttle, and WOT to help lower emmissions.

This is odd, because my car runs good right at startup. no hesitations. then a little bit later, it starts to stumble. so maybe there is an IAC/EGR relation here. anyone else's car idle ok right at startup or when your car is cold?
I generated this page in 0.0092129707336426 seconds, executing 6 queries.