Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: backfire
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=49984&mesg_id=50372
50372, RE: backfire
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well, I'm not sure why I get the 31 twice. That code has haunted me for almost 2 years now. I like to think my CEL adds about, oh 5hp. :P
In trying to fix the 31 code I have replaced the EVAP Purge solenoid and EVAP Vent solenoid (that's what Satan said it was). I still need to check all the vac lines in and around that area (behind the pass. side bumper light).
I had a technician hook the system up to a "smoke machine" once and they pressurized the EVAP system to see where it was leaking, and the smoke was coming from somewhere on top of the gas tank. Pump etc is okay, but you can't get to the rollover valve without dropping the tank, so I think that's it since it would be the most trouble.
I'm gonna try to get the fuel filter changed out this weekend and see if that doesn't help. Has anybody else made any progress? Did we ever see where that screw in the EGR wire went? If we all get this figured out and taken care of, it will have to be the biggest group fix in the history of 2GNT! :thumbsup
I generated this page in 0.0077738761901855 seconds, executing 6 queries.