Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: Anyone with the stuttering/misfire problem read this.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=49984&mesg_id=134552
134552, RE: Anyone with the stuttering/misfire problem read this.
Posted by valdeelrico, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 95gsrebuild
Hi all, New to forum. Read thru entire post. My prob is a little different. 95gs 420a newly rebuilt stock engine. New plugs, wires, fuel filter, MAP sensor, Crank sensor, vac lines and clutch. Coil pack checks good. Plugs look good when pulled. Runs great 1st thru 3rd gear. In 4th and 5th it has a stutter / hesitation. (almost like fuel cut) Only CEL code from key dance is pulsed air injection that was removed before I bought the car. (clearly didn't reflash ECM grrr) Tried running injector cleaner through the tank as the car was off the road for 1-1/2 years during rebuilding. Doesn't seem to be TPS since it runs great until shifting into higher gears. New clutch, so it's not slipping. Common suggestions like fuel pump and injectors should act bad in all gears, no? (Same with most sensors.) I'm really stumped. Any ideas from the 2g guru's?

misfires and fuel cut are a completely different feeling. So in that your description confuses me. I'd say check for cracking vacuums lines. Troubleshoot this: when you are in 4th and 5th gear does it misfire at WOT? At what rpm range does the symptom show. Test in neutral gradually increase revs until you see/hear misfire and compare tto road test. Come back and let us know.
I generated this page in 0.0078599452972412 seconds, executing 6 queries.