Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: Anyone with the stuttering/misfire problem read this.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=49984&mesg_id=124283
124283, RE: Anyone with the stuttering/misfire problem read this.
Posted by kevoh98, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm suffering from the same problem. It was gradual at first. I noticed I needed more power when i'm going into first, otherwise the motor boggs down and I get closee to stalling. If i'm in 5th going around 40 and I have to decelerate for whatever reason, I can't get back to 40 without either downshifting or putting the petal to the floor( I'm used to getting at least a little more pull all the way through 5). Plugs, wires, and oil may need to be changed but I found something funny: My dipstick smells like fuel. I'm still diagnosing, but its possible it may be piston rings.

I'm having a little trouble with finding how to pull my error codes ( my check engine light came on after about a week and a half of this power problem ), any one know a good site with code descriptions and how to pull them?

Its a '98 GS i've owned for about a year, but it was down for about 3 months while I replaced 4 valves bent by a snapped timing belt. Haven't really done much research or work beyond that and regular maintenance. Its got 111k miles.
I generated this page in 0.019113063812256 seconds, executing 6 queries.